Chapter 30

I was a nervous wreck as I stabbed the elevator button that led to his floor. I wiped my sweaty palms against my grey pantsuit and took a deep breath in an attempt to calm my nerves.

All I have to do is walk in with a smile, grab the folder off his desk, and leave. I reminded myself as the elevator doors slid open, revealing my stop. I quickly scanned the semi-busy area looking for Carter like I usually did, but he was nowhere to be seen.

I sighed in disappointment but continued making my way towards his office. My heels clicked against the marble floor with every long stride I took. My heart was pumping out of my chest by the time I made it to his door with my hand resting on the handles.

Just get the folder and leave.

I nodded my head at my thoughts and took a deep breath before pushing his heavy doors open and strutting into the dark office. The confidence I walked in with quickly faded as I watched the scene before me unfold.

There sitting on his desk was a red-head with her dress half-way off, revealing her leopard print panties. But what made my heart drop to my stomach was seeing Nathaniel comfortably placed in between the woman's legs, shirt unbuttoned with his lips attached to hers. More than attached.

They hungrily explored each other's mouths but not with the same intensity and passion he showed me. They were barbaric as if this was their last day on earth. One of her arms was loosely wrapped around his neck, and the other was rubbing the growing bulge in his pants.

His hands, the same hands that roamed my body was now roaming her bareback, sliding up to the nape of her neck. He gripped her hair and tugged her head back, giving him more room to place sloppy kisses on her neck. She moaned his name and turned her head to the side, giving me a better view of her face.

I immediately felt nauseated as I recognized the woman in front of me. It was the same red-head from Italy that cornered me in the bathroom at the ball, the same red-head that lied to me about her and Nathaniel's plans for that night.

But I could clearly see with my eyes, he was the one that lied and used it to his advantage. He never spent those four hours looking for me; he was with her. But me being the weak person that I am and wanting to see the best in him, believed every word.

I gave him my body, and he used it, knowing I was an easy target, knowing he could manipulate my feelings and get what he wanted because he's Nathaniel Creed; he always gets what he wants, no matter the cost. I was his pawn, and I played right into his hands like a fool.

I stood there frozen, unable to move. So many emotions coursed through my body, and it took everything in me not to turn around and walk away from the repulsive scene playing out in front of me. But I quickly recovered before he had time to notice my reaction and cleared my throat, alerting the couple of my presence as I strode towards the desk where the folder was located.

"Is this all you have for me?" I finally asked as I retrieved the item I came for, trying to keep my voice even as possible.

Nathaniel's head instantly shot up at the sound of my voice, but I couldn't bring myself to look into his eyes.

I'm only here for the folder.

I heard as the red-head squealed in shock as she hurriedly slipped the rest of her dress on, not wanting me to see her exposed body. But it wouldn't be the first time I've walked in on Nathaniel with one of his slut's being naked.

"Anastazi," Nathaniel spoke in surprise as his hands flew up to button up his shirt. His voice was low and raspy as if he hadn't spoken in a while.

I waved the folder in my hand, bringing his attention back to it. "Is this all?" I repeated with a blank expression.

I felt his eyes boring into my head, daring me to look up, but I refused. We stood there in silence, me waiting for an answer and him watching me closely, wondering what my next move was going to be. I hadn't realized when his whore left, leaving the two of us alone in his office because my gaze never left the wall I had been staring at since I walked in.