Chapter 2

After a long restless night, I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ears. I lazily clicked it off and stared up at the ceiling contemplating life before shuffling out of bed. It was 4:30 AM giving me more than enough time to prepare myself for the extremely long day I was about to endure.

Walking into my black marbled decorated bathroom, I slipped off my nightclothes and started the shower.

As I was washing my hair, I thought of the many happy scenarios that could play out. What if the job isn't even that bad? No one really saw the devil as is; he always kept a low profile, but not low enough, considering we all knew what whore he was fucking every week, no thanks to the press.

But what if it's the same in a work environment? Him keeping a low profile and all. What if I could get through the next two years without ever seeing him until my contract is over?

Just the thought of that alone brought a smile to my face. Maybe this deal isn't going to be bad after all. And before I know it, I'll have my company back, just like my father intended.

I quickly finished showering and rushed into my walk-in closet to pick out an outfit. Being a secretary means I'll be the first person people see when they walk into the building, so I need something that screams professional but sexy. However, if I'm being completely honest with myself, I don't give a fuck what I wear; just the thought of being in Crap Industries alone makes me want to throw my insides up.

But for the sake of my company, I'm going to play the part I was given, which is why I opted for an all-black off the shoulder midi dress that hugged my curvy body in all the right places and pushed my breasts up just enough.

Once I slipped on the dress, I quickly blow-dried, moisturized, and brushed my curly brown hair that cascaded down my caramel shoulders and applied concealer under my chestnut brown eyes, a dab of red blush on my cheeks, highlight on the tip of my nose and cheekbones with a little bit of clear lip gloss. I'm not really a fan of makeup, so I like to keep it minimum to none.

Checking the time on my phone, it read 5:40 AM, meaning I've already wasted an hour and still haven't eaten breakfast yet.

I quickly grabbed my purse, threw my clear strappy heels on, and bolted out of my room. There was absolutely no way I could eat breakfast now, considering Crap Industries is at least a fifteen-minute drive and living in California meant I was bound to be stuck in traffic.

Wasting no more time, I ran to my penthouse elevator and repeatedly stabbed the lobby button. I could not be late on my first day, no matter how much I despise the job position.

Making my way through the dimly lit parking garage, I found my Black AMG G-63 and was on my way.

My dad may have destroyed our company due to his gambling problem, but I always made it a habit to invest the money I made into real estate, stocks and franchises so I would always have a constant flow of income regardless of what happened to Faye Industries which is why I've been able to afford the lifestyle I'm living.

I always had a feeling my father would find some way to fuck up the only thing he ever successfully accomplished in life, so I always had back up plans.

The ride took about thirty minutes, making me exactly ten minutes late to my first day of work, just my fucking luck. I parked in the employee's parking section and rushed out towards the entrance.

Crap Industries is one of the largest buildings in all of California. It's about one hundred stories high covered in see-through glass windows (See picture above). The enormous building had an elegant structure to it, making it a sight for sore eyes.

I made my way through the giant glass double doors and was greeted by an angry-looking woman wearing a bright blue skin tight dress. If I didn't know where I was, I would think I walked straight into a strip club. Her cleavage practically spilled out of her dress that was barely covering her ass, and the makeup on her face was so cakey I could take a knife and slice right into it. Her wavy blonde hair fell just below her waist as her emerald green eyes glared at mine.

"You're late." She stated in an annoying high-pitch nasally voice as she crossed her arms against her chest, giving me a disgusted look.

I rolled my eyes and shrugged. "Traffic."

"Look, we don't have much time before Boss comes, so follow me."

Boss? That's what this bastard has everyone calling him? I thought as Miss Angry Whore led me through the sunlit lobby and through another set of glass double doors. I sure hope no employee ever gets fired because it only takes one pebble to bring this entire glass building down.

"This is Floor 1," she began, gesturing to the open floor filled with busy looking people stuffed in tiny cubicles typing away at their computers. "The Data Entry Floor."

She continued leading me through the building, informing me what was on each floor. All I really need to know is where the cafeteria is located; God knows I have an appetite like a hippo.

"And you'll be on Floor 30, the Bosses floor." Miss Angry Whore announced in an irritated tone.

"Wait, I thought I would be working on Floor 1 at the front desk." I voiced with a confused expression on my face.

She rolled her eyes as we walked off the elevator that led us to the floor I'm apparently working on. The vast level only had six empty cubicles in it, three on one side, and three on the other. To the far right was a light brown modern oak door leading into a nice size office and on the complete opposite side was a set of huge black double doors, which of course leads to Nathaniel Creed's office.

"No, you're his secretary," she sneered before handing me my new key card and a folder full of documents. "Not the entire company's secretary."

"Excuse me, what?" I choked out.

--