Chapter 8

The woman's eyes widened at the sound of my voice, causing her to scramble off his desk to find her lost articles of clothing. Nathaniel calmly buckled his pants back up, making no effort to shield the nude woman from my sight.

"What have I told you about knocking before entering?" He asked lowly, buttoning the cuffs on his sleeves.

"Literally nothing," I replied nonchalantly, trying my hardest to erase the things I just saw. "Anyway, I'm here for my work; what do you have for me?" I asked, looking up at the ceiling.

"Briana, leave," he ordered, speaking to the redhead who was now fully clothed, thank God.

"It's Bianca," she huffed, snatching her purse and storming out of the room. I laughed inwardly, feeling slightly better that he doesn't care to know her name either.

"Now that I know you can follow simple instructions seeing as you were here on time this morning, we can now get to the good stuff," Nathaniel spoke, taking a seat in his large chair, acting as if he wasn't just about to plow Bianca two seconds ago.

"How would you know? You weren't even here." I pointed out, slightly annoyed.

"My filing cabinet needs to be alphabetized, do it and have it done by the end of this week," he instructed, ignoring my question.

"There's no way I can alphabetize an entire filing cabinet by the end of the week," I protested, praying to the heavens this was some kind of sick joke.

"Are you claiming incompetence then?" He asked with an amused expression knowing he's got me wrapped around his finger.

I gritted my teeth but shook my head. "I'll have it done."

"The cabinet is through those doors behind you." He pointed to the oak door in his office that I've never seen until today. "Grab what you need and leave," he ordered.

"Anything else?" I dared to ask.

"Don't tempt me, now go."

I spun on my heels and walked through the oak door which turned out to be his storage space. Many filing cabinets were lined up against the brown walls along with carts to carry supplies in. I opened the filing cabinet labeled "Creed" and grabbed as many files as my little hands could hold.

To think I was running my own company a few months ago seemed unimaginable considering how I'm currently doing grunt work for Nathaniel fucking Creed. And I know it's because I've been challenging him ever since I got here, but what other option did I have? Allow him to treat me like some dog the same way he treats everyone else? I think not. If this is what I have to go through for standing up for myself, I'll gladly handle the task I was given.

As 6:00 PM neared, the usual time I would be leaving this hell hole, I had only gotten through the C's.

"Need some help?" A deep voice asked.

I looked up from the scattered documents in front of me to find Carter poking his head into my office.

"Please?" I sighed, dragging my hands down my face. "Only if you don't mind; it may take all night."

"I don't mind," he chuckled, plopping himself on the floor next to me. "So, what do we have here?"

"Okay, so I'm alphabetizing Nathaniel's files and-"

"Of course you are," Carter interrupted, rolling his eyes at his absurd friend.

"-and I've only gotten through the C's; think you're up for the challenge?" I asked, nudging his muscular arm playfully.

"I'm always up for a challenge," he smirked, showing off his handsome dimples.

Carter and I spent the rest of the week alphabetizing Nathaniel's files; during the day, I would work on them by myself, and at night when Nathaniel left, Carter would come into my office like a knight in shining armor.