Chapter 17

"It is now," I replied seductively, eyeing him from head to toe. He smirked and nodded his head before taking the empty seat beside me.

"So, can I buy you drink?"

Right on queue, William placed my order in front of me with a half-smile, then turned his attention to the next customer.

"I'm capable of buying my own drink, thank you," I told the Italian stranger as I swirled the straw in my glass slowly.

He chuckled softly and lifted his hand slightly to get another bartender's attention. "What's your name?"

"What's yours?"

"Piero."

I took a sip of my margarita and nodded.

"And yours?" He asked, turning slightly towards me, causing his knee to brush against mine.

"Mia," I lied, stretching my hand to shake his.

"Nice to meet you, bella Mia," Piero smiled, kissing my outstretched hand. (Beautiful)

"Likewise."

"So what brings you all the way to Italy?" He asked, noticing my American accent.

The last thing I want to do is talk about the reason I'm here.

Sighing, I downed the rest of my margarita before grabbing his collar and pulling him close until my lips were brushing his ear. "How about we do more dancing and less talking."

"Lead the way," Piero breathed, leaning into my touch.

I laughed inwardly at how easily manipulated men are; it's almost embarrassing, but I'm not here to judge; I'm here to forget. Grabbing his arm, I pulled him off the stool and onto the already crowded dance floor.

"You are very beautiful, Mia," Piero murmured, wrapping his arms around my waist as we swayed to the beat of the music.

I snaked my hands around his neck and smiled, looking up into his big brown eyes. "Tell me something I don't know, Piero."

"Feisty, eh?"

"You don't know the half of it," I purred, flipping around so that my back was against his chest. His arms remained locked around my waist as I began grinding my body into his. Piero nuzzled his head closer to mine and started placing wet kisses on my neck. My first instinct was to turn around and smash my knee into his manhood, but I chose against it, considering I'm the one who's been leading him on.

"How about we take this back to my place?" He whispered, trailing his lips down the length of my neck. Before I could begin to decline his offer, his arms were suddenly ripped away from my body, causing me to spin around quickly, only to find Piero facing a very pissed off looking Nathaniel.

What the hell was he even doing down here?

"Levami le tue fottute mani di dosso," Piero spat over the roaring music as he pushed Nathaniel's shoulders, not even moving him an inch out of place. (Get your fucking hands off of me.)

I didn't need to understand Italian to know Piero just made the biggest mistake of his life. Before I could stop what was about to happen, Nathaniel's fist slammed forcefully into Piero's face, followed by a sickening crunch. Piero howled and clutched his broken, bloodied nose as he looked up to find Nathaniel getting ready to pound his face in again.

"Stop!" I screamed, stepping in front of Piero's crumpled body seconds before Nathaniel's fist made contact.

He immediately dropped his hand at his side and grabbed my arm, dragging me away from Piero and out of the nightclub.

"Let go of me; I have to help him!" I cried out, struggling against his iron grasp.

Nathaniel completely ignored me as he forcefully shoved my body inside the awaiting limo before climbing in after me.

"What the fuck was that?" I growled as soon as he got himself situated.

"That," he paused, jabbing his finger in the direction of the disappearing club. "Is what happens when someone has the audacity to disrespect me."

"Oh, cut the bullshit Nathaniel, we both know the only reason you came over to us was because you saw him all over me."

Ever since he came into my life, it has been nothing but a complete shit show, and I'm sick of it.

Nathaniel clenched his jaw and glared at me through murderous eyes. "That had nothing to do with you."

"Just like you ending your deal with Jason had nothing to do with me?" I asked accusingly.

He opened his mouth to speak but snapped it shut and leaned back in the seat. "You have no idea what you're talking about."

"You know what I think?" I started, leaning forward to get a good look at his beautiful face. "You're nothing but a weak, miserable coward hiding behind money and power. I bet you get off at that fact that people fear you, but the moment they don't, you feel intimidated like you felt tonight. What happened to you when you were younger? Mommy didn't give you enough attention?"

"Don't you dare speak of my mother," Nathaniel snarled, panting heavily.

That seemed to hit a nerve.

"Or what?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. "You'll break my nose too?"

The muscles in his jaw tensed, but before he could unleash every curse word in the book, his phone rang, saving me from his wrath.

"Creed," Nathaniel snapped, making me feel sorry for the person on the other line.

I avoided eye contact with him for the rest of the car ride back to the mansion, silently hoping he'd still be preoccupied on the phone by the time we arrived. But just as the limo pulled into the driveway, Nathaniel wrapped up and ended the conversation, setting his phone on the seat beside him.

"I'm not done with you," he spoke as I reached for the handle to leave.

"Well, I am."

"Don't you dare turn your back on me when I'm talking to you."

"Okay, then put me on the first flight back home so you won't have to deal with me anymore," I offered willingly, opening the door despite his order.

"No—"

"Then respectfully Nathaniel, go to hell," I scoffed, stepping out of the car and into the cool night.

--