Chapter 14

Last night Nathaniel took something from me that can never be replaced, my dignity. As much as I wanted this little game of ours to end and admit defeat, I couldn't. Not when he took the only thing that makes me, me. Which is why I'm going to give him a taste of his own medicine tonight.

"Breakfast ready!" Nonna yelled through the intercom system.

"Coming!" I yelled back before flipping off the white comforters and trudging into the walk-in closet to find something to wear.

I would have been out of bed earlier, but after I showered, I climbed right back in to contemplate my life and how much it sucks. I also wasn't ready to face Nathaniel yet because if I did, Nonna would be burying a grandson. I flicked on the closet light to find it filled with an abundance of clothes ranging from dresses to dress pants that were all my size, even the shoes. Who took the time out to buy all of these clothes for a two-week trip? And I thought I was supposed to do the shopping.

Grateful for the endless clothing options, I fingered through the materials until I found a pair of light wash skinny jeans that made my ass look bigger than what it really was and a long-sleeved pastel purple ruched top with the front low enough to reveal a little bit of cleavage. On the shelves were about 50 pairs of shoes to choose from. I wanted to keep this outfit casual, so I went for the white slip-on sandals.

After double-checking my outfit, putting on a little bit of makeup, and brushing my curls into a high ponytail, I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen where a casual looking Nathaniel and Nonna were waiting. The fresh smell of coffee and pancakes enveloped the large space, instantly making my stomach growl.

"Eat, eat," Nonna insisted, gesturing to the abundance of food covering the table in the dining room.

"Nonna, I can't eat all of this," I laughed at her generosity.

"The brothers are coming over again," Nathaniel informed me.

I ignored him and turned to Nonna. "Thank you for breakfast; it looks delicious."

She smiled and gave me a light squeeze on my arm before shuffling out of the room to answer the doorbell that just rang.

"I expect you to be in my office when you're done with breakfast," Nathaniel stated without looking up from his phone as I took a seat across the table from him. He wore a black tight fit button-down shirt with grey tight plaid dress pants and expensive black looking loafers. A few of his buttons were undone, allowing his dark tattoos to peek out from underneath. His dark hair was gelled back except for the one loose strand hanging between his eyes.

"Then expect to be disappointed," I told him, scooping eggs, pancakes, and sausages on to my plate.

He glanced up from his screen and glared. "I see you're still holding a grudge from last night."

"And I see you're assuming your words actually had an effect on me, don't flatter yourself; you're not that important." I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

"Cugino!" Luca's voice echoed throughout the mansion. (Cousin!)

"Get off," Nathaniel snapped as the blonde gripped his shoulders before plopping down next to me. Today Luca wore a polo shirt similar to Nathaniel's, except his was burgundy with stripes on the collars and short sleeves paired with slim-fit dark jeans and burgundy low top vans.

"Anastazi, nice to see you again," he smiled, giving me a one-armed hug.

I smiled softly and leaned into his touch. "Likewise, Luca."

"Nate." Antonio nodded, acknowledging his evil cousin as he walked in, wearing a button-down dress shirt with navy blue slacks and black dress shoes. His dark hair was nicely pulled into a low ponytail, enhancing his handsome features. Nathaniel grunted in response but never took his eyes off his phone.