Chapter 13

The harsh sound of my breathing was all you could hear as Nathaniel pinned me against the wall with his body, causing the outline of his member to graze my thigh.

"How was your cold shower?" I asked with a smile the second he released me from his hold.

A low growl resonated in the back of his throat. I didn't need light to know he was glaring daggers into my soul.

"Strip," was all he said before stepping away from me.

The next second, a dim light flickered on, allowing me to fully see Nathaniel. His formal attire was long gone seeing as he now wore a tight fitted white t-shirt that threatened to rip from his muscular arms with grey sweatpants. The dark tattoos covering his entire upper body leading up to his neck glowed under the dull light in front of him.

His hair that was normally slicked down was now wild and tousled, the urge to run my fingers through his silky black locs was strong, but I quickly reminded myself who I was dealing with. No way was I going to get trapped in Nathaniel's charm or lack thereof. He's nothing but a pretty face attached to a miserable body.

"Strip," he commanded again, turning to face me. His crystal eyes flickered down my body, waiting for me to follow his order.

"What the fuck is going on in that giant head of yours to think I would willingly strip for you?" I asked curiously.

He chuckled softly and grabbed his phone from the nightstand beside the lamp. "You see, piccola volpe, no matter what you do, I will always be ten steps ahead of you," he began, stalking towards me. (little vixen.)

"What are you talking about?"

He shoved his phone in my face allowing me to see a picture of Carter and me in the cafeteria at work. In the photo, I was straightening out the back of Carter's collar by leaning close and reaching my arms behind his head, but the angle the picture was taken from made it look like we were devouring each other's faces in the middle of lunch hour.

After signing my contract, I later found out Crap Industries has a policy that forbids employees to date each other. And if the rule were ever to be broken, you were fired on the spot, no questions asked.

"You wouldn't," I whispered, connecting the dots to his heinous plan.

"Strip," he demanded harshly for the third time as he tossed his phone back on the nightstand.

"I was helping him with his fucking collar," I hissed in disbelief. How the fuck did he get that picture anyway?

"Would you like to explain that to the board before they fire you?" Nathaniel asked with a sinister looked plastered on his face.

I quickly wheeled around to escape his punishment only to be met by an ultimatum that caused me to pause, my hand still resting on the locked doorknob.

"Step foot out of this room, and you can say goodbye to Faye Industries forever."

"Why are you doing this?" I asked in defeat, slowly turning back to face his beautiful face.

"You seem to have forgotten who I am," he whispered, caging me in with his arms once again. His stubbled face scratched my cheek as he inched closer with every word. "So I'm here to remind you what happens when you mess with the devil."

"Fuck you," I breathed, ignoring my throbbing core.

"Strip."

Knowing I had no other choice, I reluctantly slid my summery dress off, allowing it to pool at the bottom of my feet. Just as I was getting ready to undo my bra strap, no longer caring about my pride, he gripped my wrist, stopping my actions.