Chapter 4

"Excuse me?" I gasped, shocked at his bluntness. "I'm not one of your fucking whores."

His thick black perfect eyebrows raised in surprise before his crystal blue eyes lifted from his screen and penetrated my skull. The muscles in his sharp jaw ticked so hard I thought his teeth were going to break. The grip he had on his desk was so strong I swore I heard it cracking beneath his white knuckles.

This man has some serious anger issues.

"And who the fuck do you think you are?" He snarled, raising himself slowly from his cushioned seat.

And that's when I caught sight of his full face. His ocean blue eyes were seemingly dark, stern, and sharp; I see why everyone cowered at his feet. He had beautiful thick black hair that was slick back without one strand out of place.

He stood at around 6'4 with a wide, muscular build; the muscles beneath his tight suit jacket threatened to pop out and make an appearance at any given moment while dark tattoos peeked out from under his sleeves and collar, creeping up to his neck. His full lips were pressed in a thin line, clearly awaiting my answer.

To say he looked like a god wouldn't be doing him any justice. He is easily the most beautiful man I have ever seen in my entire existence, but a complete waste of one.

"Your new secretary." I finally answered, glaring at him as I crossed my arms against my chest.

His eyes flickered down to my raised cleavage then back up to my face.

Sick bastard.

"Certainly could've fooled me; you look like a slut," he spat venomously, giving me a disgusted look.

I sucked in a deep breath before speaking again. I cannot afford to fuck up this opportunity because he wants to act like some snot-nosed bitch. Kill em' with kindness; I reminded myself.

"So, what work do you have for me?" I asked calmly, placing the folder on his desk while plastering a fake smile on my face.

"You're fired." He stated, twirling his fingers in a dismissive motion before sitting down again and turning his attention back to his work.

"So, what work do you have for me?" I asked again, ignoring his words completely.

Angered flash through his eyes as he flared his pretty nostrils, looking up at me.

"Are you deaf?" He asked slowly as if I couldn't comprehend the words that were coming out of his mouth.

"Are you?" I challenged.

Just because he bought out my company does not give him the right to treat me like any other insignificant employee. I was once on his level, and if he thinks he's going to get away with talking to me anyhow or anyway, he is in for the surprise of his life.

A low growl resonated from the back of his throat. "Get the fuck out of my office before I do something I won't regret." He threatened.

I glanced at my manicured hands in a bored manner. "I will, once you tell me what work you have for me."

I swear steam flew out his nose as he stabbed the intercom button on his desk. "Trixie, who the fuck is this slut you sent up to my office?" He barked as he rubbed his temple with his large calloused hands.

"Sir, that's Anastazi Faye, the previous CEO of Faye Industries, your new secretary," Trixie explained in a flirty tone.

Oh, so that's Miss Angry Whore's name.

He turned his attention back to me, glaring with those piercing eyes. "So you're the daughter of that despicable old man who gambled his company away."

I immediately dug my nails into my palm until I felt the skin break beneath my fingernails. Who the fuck does he think he is talking about my father like that? Just because the relationship between him and me was strained doesn't give anyone the right to talk shit about the fucking dead, billionaire or not. But I had to quickly remind myself about the predicament I'm in, I'm only here for one reason, and that's to get my company back.

"Yep, that's me." I smiled brightly.

"Let's get one thing straight," he started as he stalked towards me with an animalistic look on his face. "I own you as much as I own your pathetic excuse of a company. You will listen to every single word that comes out of my mouth; you will answer back with yes boss, no boss or yes sir, no sir. And if you ever, I mean ever talk back to me like that again, you can say goodbye to Faye Industries forever. I will also make sure you are never able to get another fucking job as long as you breathe in the same air as me. You are nothing but scum on the bottom of my shoe; know your fucking place." He growled as he towered over my 5'6 petite body.

His fresh minty breath fanned against my face causing a chill to run down my spine. His lips were so close to mine if I leaned forward, we would be kissing.

If he was talking to any of his actual employees, they would be running away to cower in a corner, far from his wrath. But I'm not anyone else, I'm Anastazi fucking Faye, and there's no way on this goddamn earth I will ever allow a man to talk down on me like that, not even the devil himself.

"Are you done?" I asked cocking my head up to look into his glassy ocean eyes.

I literally heard his teeth clench before he tried to speak again but I immediately interrupted before he got a chance.

"Let's get one thing straight," I began, mimicking his words as I boldly took a step forward.

If my actions surprised him, he didn't show it. He just calmly walked back to his desk and sat on the edge facing me with a stone-cold expression.

"I am not one of your ass-kissing employees; if you expect me to bow down at your feet and listen to every word you say, think again, Nathaniel." I spat.

He cocked an eyebrow at the fact that I used his government name instead of Boss or Sir.

"You may own my company now, but you certainly don't fucking own me, so get that bullshit out of your head. I'm only here for the two years according to my contract, and after that, I'll be out of this hell hole. Now, I asked what work you have for me, but since you want to throw a little bitch fit, I'm going to leave. I'll be in my office whenever you get your shit together." With that, I spun on my heels and walked out of his office, making sure to slam his doors shut behind me.

--