Chapter 20

"Miss, miss, wake up," a strange voice whispered in my dream.

Not now.

"Miss, wake up; I have orders from Mr. Creed," the voice whispered again.

Orders? Mr. Creed? Definitely not a dream, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't bring myself to wake up just yet. My body felt exhausted, as if I got ran over by a semi-truck. Last night after my hallucination with Nathaniel, I decided not to leave and just stick the rest of the trip out. After all, Nonna would be back soon from her trip, and after that, I would finally be going back home.

"Miss, please wake up," the voice begged, finally pulling me out of my slumber.

"Huh? What?" I asked groggily, forcing my heavy eyelids open. There hovering over me was a small woman wearing a uniform with a worried expression on her face as if she was waiting for someone to come in and drag her by her hair for not following simple orders.

"Mr. Creed has instructed me to give you this," the petite woman informed me, holding up a high waisted white pleated miniskirt, hot pink polo shirt with a white visor to match the skirt."

"Okay, thank you," I mumbled into the pillow, not entirely understanding the words that came out of her mouth. The housekeeper placed the clothes on the edge of my bed before scurrying out to continue other tasks.

Fuck Nathaniel.

Today, all I plan to do is sleep, eat, Netflix, and repeat. With that, I flipped back around in my bed and pulled the thick comforters over my eyes to block the bright sun shining through the dark curtains. Just as I was drifting off into hibernation, the sheets were suddenly ripped off my body, exposing my eyes to the bright sun, completely blinding me. The curtains were now pushed aside, allowing sunlight to stream freely through the massive room.

"What the fuck?" I shrieked, blindly patting the bed to find the comforters that protected me from the powerful rays.

"Get up," his rough voice commanded. "Be downstairs in twenty minutes, dressed and ready to go."

"I'm not going anywhere," I mumbled, sitting up at the edge of the bed while covering my sensitive eyes with the palm of my hands.

"This isn't up for negotiation."

"Then go away."

"Twenty minutes Faye." That was all he said before exiting my room, which he shouldn't have been in to begin with.

"Fuckkkk my lifeee," I groaned, shoving one of my fluffy pillows in my face. I knew that if I didn't follow his orders, he would find some way to fuck with my contract and ruin the only reason I'm here. Having no other choice, I trudged into the bathroom and started the shower, placing a towel on the counter. I purposely took my time, making sure to wash every crevice of my body; if he was going to make me go with him, it'd be on my time.

After my steamy shower, I grabbed the outfit Nathaniel weirdly picked out for me and slipped it on before blow drying my hair and throwing it into a high ponytail. I didn't feel like putting on any makeup today, seeing that I wasn't planning on going anywhere in the first place. As I made my way down the staircase, I noticed the housekeeper that tried to wake me up crying in front of the door with her luggage at her side.

What the hell happened here?

"You look different; I don't like it," Nathaniel pointed out, emerging from the kitchen wearing white slacks with a navy blue short sleeve polo shirt, allowing his dark tatted arms to show and white Nike's. His thick black locs were gelled lightly but not enough to stay slicked down, enhancing his sharp, handsome features.