Chapter 3

"You're his secretary," she repeated in an annoyed tone as she rolled her eyes. "Now, if you don't mind, I'll be going. Make sure you're back here by 7:30; Boss should be here at 8:00. He'll give you further instructions then." She snapped as she sauntered out of my sight.

His secretary? HIS secretary? If my accountant told me I would specifically be his secretary, I would not have taken this pitiful job position and figured out how to save my company some other way. Not only did I get demoted from being my own fucking boss, but now I have to work directly for the fucking devil himself every day for the next two years. This most definitely is my own personal hell hole.

Once I heard the elevator ding alerting me of her absence, I walked over to my new office and looked around. There was a massive window behind my black writing desk out-looking the entire city; the sight was to die for, at least I have something to look forward to when coming into this purgatory. Placing the folder of documents on my desk next to my computer, I looked up at the giant clock hanging above my door, which read 7:15, meaning I have fifteen minutes to get coffee before starting this wretched day.

I walked to the elevator and stabbed button number twenty, the cafeteria. As I stepped off, a whiff of coffee and pastries hit my nose like a truck.

The massive cafeteria could easily hold about two-hundred people. Each wall had tall glass windows that looked out to another view of the city. There were long white tables lined up across the entire first floor for employees to eat at. On the second floor were multiple fast-food restaurants and pastry shops on every corner. Various signs were littered on the tan walls, directing me to their very own Starbucks on the second floor.

"Welcome! What can I get for you?" The friendly barista asked with a huge smile as I walked in.

I smiled back and quickly glanced at the menu above. "Hi, I'd like one Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew to go, please."

After he finished up with my drink, I paid and thanked him, then practically ran out of the shop, silently hoping Nathaniel wouldn't even show up. But of course, being the clumsy person I am, I tripped over my foot and came crashing down towards another person. I braced myself for impact, only for it not to happen. Strong tan arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back upright. Luckily my coffee didn't spill anywhere.

"Whoa, where's the fire?" A husky voice asked.

I looked up to find piercing hazel eyes staring down at me. The stranger's lean body towered over mine as he steadied me with his large hands.

"Are you okay?" He asked with concern stretched across his handsome face.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going." I began explaining frantically.

He chuckled softly, revealing slight dimples in his cheeks; his square jawline complimented his symmetric nose. A few strands of his chocolate-brown hair fell into his beautiful eyes during our mishap. He quickly ran a large hand through it, sweeping the strands back in place.

"It's alright, no harm done." He assured me with a dazzling smile.

"I'll be sure to watch where I'm going next time," I promised as I tucked a few strands of my hair behind my ear nervously. I haven't really talked to the male species after I caught my boyfriend of three years fucking my best friend of eight years in the back of his car at my father's funeral last year. I swore off relationships after that and just focused on my career. To say I have major trust issues now would be an understatement hence why I've had absolutely no boyfriend or friends since then.

"I'll hold you to that." He said as he stuck his hand out towards me. "I'm Carter, by the way, and you are?"

"Anastazi, but I go by Stazi." I answered, shaking his large soft hand while quickly glancing at the giant clock on the wall behind him: 7:25, five more minutes left.

He noticed my anxiousness and smirked. "Well, I won't keep you any longer; it was nice meeting you Stazi."

"You too!" I replied, rushing past him and back into the elevator I came from.

On the ride up, I pressed my free hand against my hair and smoothed it out. I really hope I wasn't looking crazy in front of that hunk of a stranger. His smile could melt butter alone, much less my legs. Too bad I'm not here for a relationship, but if I was, Mr. Carter would definitely be at the top of my list.

Shaking my head to forget the incident that just occurred, I took a deep breath and mentally prepared myself as the elevator doors slid open, revealing the not so empty floor. Each cubicle was now occupied by an employee except for one.

Where the fuck was everyone before I left? I thought as I quickly ran to my office, gulped down my iced coffee, and grabbed the folder Miss Whore gave me before making my way to the black double doors that led to Nathaniel's office.

I silently hoped he wasn't in there as I pushed the heavy doors open without bothering to knock. No amount of preparation could've prepared me for what was about to come out of his mouth.

"Didn't anyone teach you never to keep a man waiting?" A gruff voice growled as I stepped into the dimly lit room—the voice belonging to the one and only Nathaniel Creed.

His massive office had a modern touch to it (See picture above). Wide white office chairs were placed on the opposite side of where his desk sat, along with a small squared oak coffee table. Brown and tan walls were decorated with plaques, trophies, and many other awards he has received throughout the years. The only award he should be getting is one for fucking the most women, I thought.

"Just shut up and come put my dick in your mouth," he continued without looking up from his computer as he began to undo his zipper.

I froze mid-stride towards his desk.

What. The. Everlasting. fuck?

--