Chapter 62

"Our first date?" I whispered in shock once he broke away.

It had totally slipped my mind that we never actually went on a date before, if we're not counting the time he asked me out. Butterflies erupted in my stomach at the mere thought of him taking the time out to remember that even though he's been extremely busy these past few days.

Nathaniel smirked but remained silent as he unbuckled my seat belt and slid out of the car, making his way to my side. I grabbed his outstretched hand, thinking he was going to lead us inside the beautiful beach house, but instead, he took us around the back towards the beach, and just before my feet touched the sand, I stopped, letting his hand go in the process.

"Wait."

Nathaniel turned around patiently and tilted his head to the side.

"I don't have a change of clothes," I mumbled, staring down at the breathtaking gown I still had on.

"You don't need one," he murmured, reaching out and grabbing my hand again, leading us down the quiet beach.

"But I'm gonna mess this dress up."

"I'll buy you another one."

I opened my mouth to protest again but quickly snapped it shut as my eyes widened in shock from the scene before me. There in front of us was a trail of lamps placed on either side of the sand, leaving a pathway in the middle that led to a beautiful wooden canopy that had string lights wrapped around all four legs with cream curtains draped around each side except the opening with the view of the ocean that was a few feet away. Placed inside the canopy itself was a huge Modloft Worth King Bed with a small drawer positioned right beside it that most likely held changes of clothes.

Tears pricked my eyes once realization hit me. "This is the reason you left before the ball and why you were late coming back, isn't it?" I whispered, looking up at him.

The corners of his mouth lifted slightly as he nodded slowly and continued leading us down the brightly lit path to the canopy, where he began taking off his shoes before turning around to face me. I tried to follow his lead and take my shoes off as well, but before I could bend down to do so, Nathaniel was already on his knee, unbuckling the straps, freeing my aching feet.

His hand trailed up my leg as he stood back up and scooped me in his arms in one motion, turning around to place me on the huge bed in front of us, making sure to cage me in with his muscular arms positioned on either side of my head.

"God, you're so beautiful," he murmured, gazing down at me in admiration. His usually gelled hair was loose now, falling in his face, and I found myself running my fingers through his locs so I could look up into his crystal eyes.

"Thank you," I breathed, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer until our lips locked.

Nathaniel groaned lowly into my mouth as his hand caressed my exposed thigh, sending shivers shooting up my spine. My core pounded with anticipation, longing to be touched, but his hand never shifted an inch out of place as our tongues hungrily explored each other mouths.

A loud moan escaped my lips as he began making love to my fevered skin at the base of my throat, and I tilted my head to the side, giving him better access as he continued leaving a trail of marks down my neck.

"Anastazi," his voice was low and guttural, snapping me out of my daze.

"Yes?" I breathed, trying not to squeeze my thighs together to relieve the pressure building up.