Chapter 66

I don't know how long we spent making love in the middle of the beach or what time it was when we finally called it a night.

"Oh my god, I don't think I can move any more," I panted, collapsing on the bed beside him. My limbs were officially out of commission from exhausting all of my energy in our insane sex frenzy.

"I can," Nathaniel smirked, turning over on his side to face my flattened body.

I rolled my eyes dramatically and laughed. "You have the stamina of a fucking horse; of course you can."

"Mm, that I do," he murmured, leaning forward and locking lips with mine, but I immediately pulled back and weakly pushed him away.

"You can't do that," I groaned, feeling my core throb with excitement despite my exhaustion. "That's how things get started."

Nathaniel chuckled and flattened on his back, tucking his hands behind his head. "You say that like it's a bad thing."

"It is when you can't move." I shifted closer to him until my head was resting on his chest, tangling our legs together. His arm automatically wrapped around my body, pulling me closer.

"Forgive me; I'll try to be more gentle next time," he murmured, pressing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"But I don't want more gentle," I pouted sleepily, forcing my heavy eyelids to stay open.

"Whatever you say, my love."

I nodded happily and sighed, desperately wanting to close my eyes, but I didn't want this beautiful night to end.

"You're sleepy," he mumbled as he began rubbing small circles along my back.

"No," I lied, but he saw right through my horrible facade.

"Go to sleep, love; I'll be here when you wake up."

I wrapped my arm around his wide torso and snuggled my head deeper into the crook of his neck. "I'm fine."

"Anastazi." He brushed the tips of his fingers against my cheek. "Go to sleep."

"I don't want this night to end."

"Me either."

The way he those words made it seem as if he was saying goodbye, but I quickly shook the negative feeling away, wanting to enjoy these precious moments together.

"I love you," I mumbled, finally giving in to the sleep invading my body.

"And I love you," he breathed before the darkness consumed me.

* * *

The sound of light shuffling and metal clinking together pulled me out of my peaceful slumber, and pain immediately shot through the lower half of my body like a bullet, a clear indication that last night wasn't a dream.

"I didn't mean to wake you," Nathaniel's voice spoke up as I whipped the covers off my head, prying my eyes open to welcome the bright sun shining down on us.

I looked over at him and standing at the edge of the bed wearing a fresh pair of boxers holding a large tray filled with fruits, muffins, pancakes, waffles, eggs, and so much more. My eyes flickered from the tray in his hand to his muscular tatted chest, pausing to admire the view, especially the veins bulging in his arms. My eyes eventually trailed up to his face taking in his lightly stubbled dark beard, strong jaw, and piercing light blue eyes. And his dark hair was wild and tousled as if he had just gotten out of bed.

My abused and aching core throbbed violently from the mere sight of him, and suddenly, I longed to feel him inside of me again.

"Good morning, love," he murmured, snapping me out of my dirty thoughts as he climbed on the bed and waited for me to sit up before placing the tray in between us.