Chapter 51

My first week back at Creed Industries went exactly as expected; terrible.

Nathaniel ignored me entirely as if I was just another one of his mindless employees. Whenever I went into his office to give him important documents, he dismissed me right away without even bothering to glance up from his work.

I couldn't seem to grasp why he was being so distant. I tried to shove aside the idea that he already made his decision about what he wants, but he just wasn't ready to break the news to me yet.

On top of my existence being ignored, he made sure to pile on loads of paperwork, making it impossible for me to get home at a reasonable time.

I spent almost every night working overtime at the office with the new assistant I hired, and If it wasn't for him, there was no way I would've been able to complete half the work Nathaniel assigned me.

It was now Friday, another late night at the office, and I had just completed another set of the Budgeting Report from the meeting I attended this afternoon.

"How many of these do we have left?" Dylan, my assistant, asked as he shoved the documents into the filing cabinet.

I sighed wearily and looked up at his lean figure. He stood around 5'9 with light brown eyes and sandy blonde hair that was cropped short, accentuating his narrow features. His facial hair was non-existent, giving him an innocent, kid-friendly look, the complete opposite of my type, which made him the perfect person for the job.

"How about we call it a night? I can't even think anymore," I mumbled, dragging my hand down my face stressfully.

Dylan smiled eagerly and nodded. "Sounds good to me."

I smiled back as I gathered my things and headed towards the door. "Don't forget to lock up; I'll see you Monday."

After saying our goodbyes, I happily headed home and took a well-needed hot shower to relax my body from the long work week I had. But as soon as I plopped down on the couch to watch movies for the rest of the night, my phone rang loudly, startling me.

"Get up; we're going out," Stella ordered as soon as I answered.

I sighed heavily and combed my fingers through my drying hair. "Not tonight; I'm not really in the mood for it, but maybe another time?"

"So you're in the mood to sulk all night on your couch watching movies with a bottle of wine?" She asked, already knowing what I was up to.

"Yes," I mumbled truthfully, reaching for the remote.

"I'm too good of a friend to let you do that. We're going to the club tonight and having fun, so get your butt up and get dressed now. The limo will be ready to pick you up in an hour."

She hung up before I had time to protest, leaving me to wonder whether I should go out and have fun instead of sulking around, feeling sorry for myself.

Choosing against my decision to stay, I cursed lowly as I got up and shuffled into my closet, looking for a dress to wear that wasn't too revealing but revealing enough to get stared at. I eventually settled for a beautiful pale blue mini dress with a deep v-neck low enough to reveal a good amount of cleavage, the same dress Nathaniel bought me during our time in Italy.

Afterward, I put on light make-up, then straightened out my hair for the first time in forever before sliding on pale blue heels that matched perfectly with the dress and made my way downstairs. The limo was waiting for me outside just as Stella said, but to my surprise, there standing in front of the vehicle was Frank, Nathaniel's driver.

"Good evening Miss Faye," Frank tipped his hat with a tiny smile on his face as he held the door open for me.

"Hello Frank, what are you doing here?" I questioned curiously, wondering why he wasn't taking the weekend off like he usually does.