Crickets

A slow tear trickled its way down your cheek, but you didn't wipe it away. You stared, stared in disbelief of what you were imagining. you were imagining this, right?

Your body became cold within seconds. Starting at the tip of you fingers and spreading through out the rest of your senses. You couldn't blink, your very soul wouldn't let you. If it was a vision you had to watch it disappear, if it was a sudden mistaken imagery you had to wait it out, but you could not blink and allow the truth to slip through your fingers.

"What......are.....you staring....at?"
Your breath hitched in your throat at the familiar accent and a whisper slipped from your lips.
"Pull over."

Kareem's brow suddenly rose but his eyes still held their aura. He seemed as if acting his confusion on a stage, but his had voice returned.
"huh? What are you talking about y/n?"

"PULL THE FUCK OVER NOW!!"
Sans suddenly awoke, his left socket a fire blue.

And then you opened your eyes.
Everything silent and still.
You look in your lap to see Sans just as you did in your dream.
You look over to Papyrus and Nathan.....same as your dream.
You slowly and hesitantly raise your head to the center review mirror.

There were regular blu-ish green eyes looking at the road and calm chocolate hands holding onto the steering wheel.
'Breathe' you tell yourself but you cant help it. You stare into the center review mirror the rest of the hour ride home with ragged breath. Not letting up until he gets out of the car to wake everyone and unpack.

You walk into the house with a sleepy Sans, excited Papyrus, and Restless Nathan behind you. Thanks to sans everyone's belongings were teleported to their rooms with no effort and you all would probably be soon to fall asleep.

A knock sounds at the door and it opens to reveal a sheepishly smiling Kareem.
"You left something in the-"
"I got everything."
Sans cuts him off with stern words and continues.
"So there's no way there is something of y/n's left in the car."
Kareem smiles a bit wider, fighting his noticable annoyance.
"You could have always missed something, no one is perfe-."

Cut off again by Sans i can now see Kareem's annoyance is something he isn't planning on hiding any longer.
"Im not a regular someone, so i know there is nothing left in the car."

The tension is now great between the two, so you decide to quickly clear the air. "You two stay here and ill go get what's missing hm?"
Sans suddenly emits a low growl like he has before, bringing forth your primal urges to stand behind him.

"Sans, dont do that. Its not fair, now excuse me."

You make your way out of the doors and down the driveway to the car. Shortly after aprouching the van you hear the door of your house open and kareem running out.

"Sry it was locked." He runs over to you standing beside the door in the cool air. It was dark now, and the stars tickled the night sky. You heard the sudden click and attempted to open the back car door.

The door swung open and the backseat was just as empty as when you left.
You look to Kareem and he nervously smiles to you.

"Um....i may have lied to get your attention for a second." You frown at him, folding your arms and giving him a stare similar to what your grandmother did when you were in trouble.

"Kareem, it has to be important because im tired. You could have told me inside the house."

"I know that, im sorry."
Nothing but cricket sounds magnify the silence surrounding you both.

The fidgeting of his fingers increase to a quickend pace. His nervousness is almost suffocating but just before he can say anything and large bony hand lays on your shoulder.

You can see the sudden change of character as Kareem glares and holds ground now in a straight standing position.

Sans spoke, "Like i thought, nothing in the car. So ive been nice to you,really i have, but im starting to think its about time i kicked your ass."

A.N.-
**************************************
Still running slow, becoming more depressed by the day. Hopefully i can finish this story because i jave exactly planned what i want to happen, but idk.

All I have to say is, you guys keep me going, no lie. Everytime i read a comment it just motivates me again. But seriously, This school Crap is taking a toll on me.

Anyway, im done venting.
✨If your still reading, Thank you 🤗.
And i mean that from the bottom of my heart.💞✨