The Smell Of Muffins

"I remember coming here to shop for food, not clothes."
You scanned every store looking for your favorite muffin place.
Behind you was a loud obnoxious slender tall woman. A particular one with blond hair, that couldn't seem to keep her feet from turning to every clothes store she saw.

"Then why else would you bring me to the mall? This is a place meant for buying clothes, besides dear...........you look like you need new clothes."

You glare at her. "Haha, very funny. The only issue is i can't find the humour."

She pouts, "I didnt mean it like that. What im saying is, it would be quite fun to dress you up, dont you think?"

"People be hungry. Kay?"
You continue to scan.
"Those people being the children that sit at my house, and if i dont feed them they will eat who knows what out of my fridge."

She continues to follow you, "gosh, you act like their kids. They can handle themselves, not everyone needs you to be their mother."

You roll your eyes playfully, "keep it up and not get to see 'The Homo-Phobe that goes to Jail for First Degree Murder' pop up on the news tonight."

She ruffles your hair, " oh lovely, you wouldnt hurt a fly."
You push her hands away from you,"Dont do that, im not a child!"

She chuckles, "Your small enough to be one. Oh how i envy you shortness."
You smile, "Trust me Cherry, you dont want it."
She huffs, " I highly doubt that. I think you have some kind of way to share your mini-ness with me. Your just too selfish to do so."

She folds her arms and looks away from you dramatically.
You laugh, "God, i missed you Cherry."

"I know you did. Anyway, do you see the place yet, my feet are becoming very sore. So unless your planning on rubbing them tonight (y/n). I advise you to hurry."

You laugh, "no one is gonna rub those things tonight. I dont wanna get bit."

She rolls her eyes, "I could say the same for yours. Atleast mine are covered, you letting yours run free."

You gasp, "Cherry!"
She cuts you off, " you started it sweetheart and why are you covered in powder anyway?"

You sigh, "The bag of bones you saw this morning decided to hug me, i would have changed, but you started sexually harassing people eairler than i thought."

She became quiet.

Without turning, you could already tell her casual embarrassment and anxiety was kicking in.
"I was just joking, Cherry. Im sorry, sometimes i forget your a depressed individual."

"It's fine, i was actually looking at this muffin store sign. It seems pretty fancy for a baking joint."

You freeze.
'How the hell did she spot it before i did?'
You turn to her direction and follow her gaze.
Sure enough, it was the place you were loking for.
"C'mon Cherry, thats it!"

You two begin to walk toward the store at normal pace. Probably relaxed now that you've reached your destination.

"Oooh...look at that lovely. You mind sliding the cashier my phone number dear? Those lovely eyes could send a girl flying!"

I bet they could.

The cashier catches your eye and gives a well known shit-eating grin.

Blue-green eyes glazing over his deep chocolate skin.

Fucking magnificent.
The one person sans told you not to talk to.

Kareem.