Warm Lights

The silence surrounding us.

His gentle touch.

Blue-green seas staring into you.

Warm lights scening a trance.

"(Y/n) you ok?..."
You jump, startled.
"Y-yes...i am fine."
You sit criss-crossed beside kareem, his feet hanging loosely from the treehouse's opening.
You werent fine actually, you were daydreaming of the last time you two were here together. You were imagining and contemplating how your first kiss could have gone.

Instead of Nathan, you were imagining Sans-.......wait........Sans?
Sans of all people inserting your thoughts. His phalanges instead of Kareems hands, his low soothing voice out-weighing Kareems flirtingly tempting smile.
Sans sockets.

Even if eyes were said to hold the soul...you swear Sans sockets vibrantly displayed his every emotion.
It was Sans you dreamed of as you drifted to sleep on Kareems shoulder.
No one else.......just......"Sansy..."

"Who?"
Kareems voice awoke you quicker than a bolt could hit earth, your eyes popping nearly from your head.
You quickly spurt out without thinking. "W-what?"

He chuckles, "Oh. You talkin bout him. He hasnt hurt you or anything since he's been in there right?
He seems awfully protective of you, almost thought of fighting him."

You find a laugh surging through you, eventually letting it go.
You grip your sides at how sarcastic he should've sounded speaking of fighting Sans.
Hes always boasting about the simplest things when he doesnt have to.

You remember when you two were younger in highschool, how he had doted on his father to make you interested in him.
Which honestly he didnt have to do in the first place but he did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You followed him to his house without him knowing. Which of course did make you feel like a stalker, especially since you were pretty sure he was lying. But its not like anything special was waiting on you at home after school.

And he actually didnt live far. The guy was litterally three blocks away from your house and lived in the same low income neighborhood as you did.

You remind yourself of his foolish face the next morning you two met up and walked to school.
You walked next to him with a regular black hoodie and baggie jeans, while he wore his colorful nearly blinding clothes.

His shirt said 'new money', the word 'money' like dripping paint.
He was smiling his usual grin, dreads swinging. Everything thing was nice, the morning air cold and dry, everything was fun and games until you brought up his home life.
Once again, asking him what his place was like. He responded with the usual causing you to stop in your tracks.

The side walk quiet, you asked him again and said to "this time tell the truth"..............
He began to chuckle like an idiot, again responding as before.

You looked him dead in his eyes and recited his address (like a stalker would after theyve palnned out how to kill you)
and watch as his face went from happiness to confusion to sadness and then blended all at once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If there was anything you would remember him by, it would be that stupidly dumbstruck and emmbarrased face.

"What are you laughing at?"
You quiet down and slyly look at him. You wiggle you eyebrows and sarcastically snap and point your fingers.
"You, you adorable man child."

You watch him closely as one of his quiry brows raise to you.
"I guess it wasnt that funny huh?"
He suddenly snickers, "no...but that face is. What is that, akward embarrassment?"

You scowl,"Aye, lay off tge face ok. Body shaming if fine, but i wanna look nice up here at least."

He falls back, head staring at the lights dangling from the ceiling.
"Im surprised these still work."
You fall back alongside him.
"That is kinda weird huh?"
You both turn to eachother and stare before laughing awhile.

Being honest with yourself, you do miss this. A lot. You sit up a bit,"hey, im getting tired so im gonna go ahead and-"
You suddenly find arms around your waist, the heavy weight of his head on your shoulder.

"(Y/n), i dont mean to offend you, but could you spare a night?"

'Reminder to myself, call cherry tomorrow'