Anti-Monster

You clenched the rim of the wooden bridge over dribble, praying to god you werent seeing what you thought you were seeing.

Sweat rolled down the side of your forehead, your heart beating a mile a minute, you opened your mouth to speak and nothing came out.

Your pearced lips didnt have wide enough room to suck in the oxygen you needed at the moment.

Out of all people. Kareem was racist.
All the things my father said about him when he was younger, all the little jokes he used to make, and kareem is racist?

Kareem cant be racist, its someones shirt right. He messed up his clothes and had no choice but to wear that shirt.

But it matches so well with his clothes.

You laugh akwardly back against the rim of the bridge. "U-um, nice shirt."
You give a generous fake smile that was so well played it could fool FBI detectives.

Kareem looks at his shirt as if hes almost forgot what he was wearing. You hoped he did, because it wasnt his, or somone bought it for him.

Clenching harder to the bridge, you await his reaction. He breaks into smile while stretching out his shirt for you to get a clearer view.

"Haha, yeah, I know right?"

No, you dont know. You dont know what hes excited about at all. You feel a rage begin to swell in you, but you hold it down. You swallow your words and put on a fake smile.

You refuse to greet an old friend like that, but suddenly his face changes.

His eyebrows lower and turn to eachother, he walks closer to you.
"Hey, you okay? Did i do something wrong?"

Fuck

Kareem hasent seen you in forever and can still read you like a book. You hold your composer.
" Yeah, why do you ask?"

He sighs, his worried expression melting away. He steps back from you and leans against the opposite ledge of the bridge.

He doesnt answer your false inquiry, instead "Hows the house doin?" He asks a question about the house. The exact house sans is lounging in right now.

You quickly reply, helplessly looking suspicious. "Fine!" He now raises a brow and you both stare at eachother for a good five seconds before combusting into laughter.

Hes enjoying himself and your nervous as hell, now rocking back and forth on your heals.

Then in his laughter "Not your house do-do, the tree-house."  Him mentioning the tree-house makes it even worse, because you left it alone since the night your father barged in on you two and you never saw kareem again.

You dont reply, you just smile. Looking like a stupid deer in headlights. Then you look into the sky and see the sunset stare back at you. " Oh crap! Kareem, what time is it?"

Kareem hurriedly pulls out his phone at your request. "5:52, why?"
You push away from the bridge and run by kareems side to look at your reflection in dribble. "Bye dribble!"

But before you can sprint off, "(Y/n)! Im coming with you." 

You freeze and turn toward kareem.

"Ok."