When i was little

You dont like to admit it but at a young age you were neglected and Your parents never really paid attention to what you did. Though It was never much of a bother.

It was honestly nice playing with other kids and doing mishevious things. Running around the neighborhood and daring eachother.

Like the time you were dared to steal that bike off of old-man Tom's porch or that time you put a frog in Ms. Tulips sandwich.

It was nice.

You use to brag and taunt other kids with how cool your parents were for letting you stay out at night and run around.

But you never told them the reasons you stayed out at night.

So much of your memory was with the neighborhood kids, you barely noticed you had a sister. She was in her teens when you were in you adolescence, so she would usually lock up in her room away from you. Which didnt affect you as much either.

Its not like you didnt like her, the fact of the matter was you had friends and you werent gonna sit around and beg her to play if she was gonna yell and slam doors in your face.

when she did come out her room you would often admire her. Not like in a weird way but, more of a 'I wanna look like her someday' kinda way.

She was kinda thin and slinder but her hair was really long and like yours. Her eyes were more like your fathers, slanted and blue. Her nose was small and pierced with a diamond.

Her hips were small but definetly growing and it gave her a miraculous shape. She was never really big in her upper section but her beauty really out-weighted everything.

Bottom line. She was beautiful and you usually found yourself in the mirror acting like her. Crossing your legs and rolling your eyes. You mock her scowl for as long as possible before breaking into laughter.

She just made the way she acted look so cool and you secretly looked up to her. So when your parents got a divorce and you stayed with your father, you werent devastated.

They always argue and fight, sometimes it would become physical. Actually, now thinking on it, their fights never stayed verbal.

It was always your father that started it, it was always ypur father that seemed to take pleasure in it.

So when the mention of a divorce popped up, of course you immediately exclaimed to go with your sister ,but your father still got you anyway.

And any complaints werent tolerated. At first you were surprised with how well things went without your mother, but as soon as you became older you realized your father became more harsh on you. The more you went to the mall, your clothes got saggy- er and bigger making sure not to show your shape.

The long nights you enjoyed running outside around the neighborhood were soon beginning to be cut short by your father's screams across the street. Eventually, going outside was no longer an option. You either went in the backyard or stayed in your room in the house, one way or the other, your father kept an eye on you.

This put you in a deep depression. Especially when it came to being a teenager. All you were ever wearing was extremely large hoodies and baggy pants. When you went to school you had only a few associates so you never really socialized.

You would hang your head low making sure only the kindest people knew your name. You did learn in class but definitely made sure to keep your distance from answering questions verbally.

Some teachers would ask you if you were okay  but it's easy to put on fake smile. So no one was really that worried about you.

Except for one person. He had a heavy Jamaican accent which excluded him. Long brown dreadlocks at the time, And black framed glasses that was thicker then my Grandma's homemade biscuits,
But what really caught your eye was his milk chocolate skin and blue-green eyes.

You had never seen anything like it before. He was a scrawny kid but you were for sure that he got all the ladies. So when you sat next to him in the back of the class and he had spoken to you. You simply did not respond, brushing off his curiosity.

But very soon. you would realize that he was one of the most determined people you think you'd ever meet in your life. He gave up for nothing. everyday continuously asking for your name and Being strongly flirtatious.

About into half of the school year you finally gave up told him your name and then said to never say anything to you in school again.

If you hadn't yet realized, that was Kareem. But at the time you didn't know it because he never really introduced himself (you never really gave him a chance to).

Though, he was respectful and simply granted your wish to never speak to you in school again. Would you have known what he was like, you would have said to never speak to me 'again', but its too late now, he captured your heart that day he asked you what you were doing on that bridge.

You two got to know each other very well. Hanging out after school everyday on the walk home, only talking to him. Very soon he became the only person you trusted.

Just like pretty soon your father started drinking, a lot. And it didnt take long before your dad began questioning you about boys.

You had come home one day and their was a smile that you couldn't wipe off your face. Kareem always made a sucky day better. As you closed the door behind you a sudden drunken grunt came from the sofa.

That was the beginning of it.

The beginning of your daily beatings.

"Why are you smiling? Huh?!
Wipe that dumbass grin off your face, whore!"

You rememner how completely unecpected it was. He had aleays called you names whrn he drank.

But chocking you out on the couch was the least you expected.