Blue Sneakers

You slowly stand and edge your way to the window to see blue sneakers dangling from the doorway of the treehouse. You squint to see kareem laying on his back, headphones in ear, eyes closed, and his fingers tapping on the wooden floor.
He seemed to be really relaxed.................................................................................................especially to be in SOMONE ELSES BACK-YARD.

Might as well strip naked and wash yourself with the hose back there, why dont you.
You were already in the state.of anger but once a serious thought hit you, you began to calm down.

Is kareem

Homeless?

No way right?
Why didnt he say anything?
And he dresses so well that you never would have guessed.
Originally if it was some hobo you may have felt a certain way but, this was kareem. He use to sneak out there all the time to see you.
Wait a second.

You pull the phone number from your pocket and begin to dail, closely and hopefully watching kareem.
The phone rings.
Kareem sits up and answers.
'Holy shit. That was smooth as fuck kareem!'

"Heyo (your nickname), i was wondering when you were gonna call. I just didnt think it would be right to be back here without telling you.....and......i wasnt going back in there with your bodygaurd. Sorry for the anonymous number play."

You smile watching him crack a smirk from afar.
"No. Its fine, thank you for telling me.*sigh*, um......you mind if a ask you something?"

His face grimaces.
"Yeah anything, whats up?"
You hold a giggle at how worried he looks from the treehouse. He seems as if hes about to jump up and run into the house.
"Well, two questions."
he slightly relaxes.
"Why do you.......not like Mon-*sighs* 'Them'?"

Kareem knows what your talking about because he suddenly freezes and begins to slightly stutter.
"Look. Its not that i dont like them. I just dont trust them."

"But....why not?"
He hits up his cocky sharp tooth grin.
"Is that your second question?"
You knew he was only half-heartily teasing.
He probably was trying to edge away from the subject. You understood that and dropped it.
"Actually the second question is why are you in our treehouse tonnight?"

His shit eating grin suddenly grew, which means he thought of something slick to say.
'Damnit, what did i say?'
"Our treehouse?"
He chuckles, "yknow, you get cuter by the second."
As much as you hated to admitt it flush found its way on your cheeks.

"Whats wrong? Your quiet now. Wait, are you blushing?!"
You scoff.
"As if! You wish!"
He laughs and its nearly contagious, you find yourself laughing along with him. Than you stop, he just changed the subject without you knowing on purpose.
You scowl at him through your window.

"Hey, i caught that. Stop trying to change subjects, im only helping you."

He sighs, "ok.....im just out here for tonight alright. I live in an apartment two roads down from here."
He smiles softly as if trying to reasure you through the phone.
You giggle and he looks inquisitively into space.

"What?"
"I can see you."
"Well, thats some creepy shit to say through the phone."
You both laugh.
He stops and seems to hesitate.
"Actually, i was wondering

If you would like to come out here tonight

For old times sake?"
You smile........"yeah, why not."