4| THE WORLDS A SLUT

Layla couldn't explain what she was feeling

Layla couldn't explain what she was feeling. After the near death experience back at John B's, it was safe to say she needed time away from her friends. Maybe that was selfish of her, but right now she needed to put herself first. She thought about their yells, the way they beat the door, the way the window took a while to open, the way they had to hide in the chicken coop, the way JJ had to kill a chicken.

It was a lot.

Layla didn't wanna go home, her dad would only make it worse. He was relatively good at sensing when something was wrong with his daughter, she'd been the only person he had to care for daily. It wasn't hard to see when Layla was scared or sad or mad, any emotion she had would spread across her face or leak from her mouth when she spoke. That being said she decided to go to the beach instead, sitting near the water with a sigh.

"Where's your maid uniform?" a voice spoke up quickly. When Layla turned she found Sarah standing there with a sarcastic grin.

"Off duty." Layla said with a forced smile before turning back to look at the ocean. She could hear Sarah's flip flops start to walk away, "You can stay... if you want."

"I come out here a lot." Sarah spoke, sitting down next to Layla with a sigh, "Sometimes with Topper."

"Oh yes, lovely couple on the beach, how romantic." her words were sarcastic as she leaned back on her hands. It wasn't a secret Layla hadn't been a fan of Topper, Sarah wanted to say something about it but avoided it as the sunset beamed down on the unexpected pair.

"Not so sure about that anymore." Sarah mumbled, wanting to hold herself back from venting to a girl she'd barley knew. Layla felt familiar though, their few little encounters enough for Sarah to enjoy her company more then she did her usual friends she'd see every day.

"Don't tell me you two broke up." Layla spoke, her tone still had sarcasm in it as she sat up better, "No more Prince Eric and Cinderella?"

Sarah snorted loudly as she looked at her in disbelief, "Prince Eric was Ariels... and no, just a fight."

"Tiana is superior." Layla said with a grin, "Seven year old me was pretty happy to see a princess that look like me, even if she was a frog most of the movie."

"Tiana had a good personality, a lot of the other ones seem to have a stereotypical story." Sarah explained as she traced shapes into the sand next to her. Layla nodded alongside her, though Sarah couldn't see.

"So what happened with Toppy?" Layla asked, Sarah rolled her eyes at the nickname, "Odd name for such a bottom, he is a bottom, isn't he?"

"I don't know." Sarah laughed as she looked to Layla with a crazy look.

"What do you mean? You have to know." Layla laughed, not taking Sarah seriously before the blonde flushed and look down, "Wait, you two haven't slept together?"