17| The Plane Ride

"You sure he got everything?" Kie asked as the four sat on the dock, John B breaking the news about the lack of gold now due to Ward Cameron

"Every bar." John B sighed from where he laid out on the dock, "The whole enchilada."

"Stupid ass." Layla rolled her eyes, "He should be in jail for murder!"

"God, just shut up, Layla." John B complained out of exhaustion and annoyance, "No kidding, thank you for stating the obvious."

"Oh, you wanna talk stating the obvious?" Layla scoffed, her nerves getting the best of her suddenly, "Like the fact that Sarah isn't here when she should be, but instead in her house with a murderer?"

"God, I don't know what you want me to do! She didn't listen to me!" John B spoke in disbelief as he sat up and looked at Layla with a stupid look, "Any ideas?"

"I want you to fight harder for her, be a decent boyfriend!" Layla yelled back, waving her arms in disbelief, "She deserves better then you."

"What? Someone like you?" John B said suddenly as Layla went silent. JJ'a eyes widened as Kie looked between the pair.

"I'm sorry, what the hell are you talking about?" Kie asked, looking between the silent pair, "Someone say something!"

"What, you don't see it, Kie?" John B asked her as he nodded toward Layla, "The way she looks at her."

"Shut your mouth, John B! You don't know what the fuck you're talking about!" Layla yelled in disbelief, throwing her bandana around her wrist at him and turning on her heels.

"Layla, Layla!" JJ called out to her, "Come back, we don't need to split up right now!"

Layla ignored him though, ignored everyone as her emotions took over and she was suddenly sprinting off to the Cameron house. Because Sarah wasn't okay, and she would do absolutely anything to protect her.

"Sarah can't talk right now." Ward spoke as he stood in the door way, staring at Layla, "You need to go home, Layla, i'm sorry."

"I'm not going anywhere until I see her." Layla stated seriously as she stood her ground, "One minute, I just want to know she's okay."

"She's home, safe." Ward tried to reason, going to shut the door before Layla put her foot infront of it to stop it from shutting.

"I told you, i'm not going anywhere until I see her." Layla said, a glare on her face, "Or does my presence threaten you that much?"

"Layla." Ward stared, his jaw clenched, "You need to go."

Layla moved her food as he slammed the door. Layla laughed, taking loud stomps backwards until she yelled at the top of her lungs, "Sarah! Sarah! I'm down here! Sarah!"

Before Layla had the chance to react anymore, the door swung open and something hard collided with her face before she could even see what it had been.