31| LAYLA & KIE

Kie was the only one to show up at the court house

Layla didn't blame her other friends for not coming. She knew Sarah needed to talk to Wheezie, JJ needed to fill the void of doing something about John B, and Pope was figuring out a much more logical plan. But not Kie, Kie showed up. She had been late, hurrying up the steps just as the doors flew open.

"Layla." she spoke quickly, not expected to see her walk out so quick. Not that Layla wasn't always beautiful, but she's dressed up a bit for court. In a cute, pale pink top with a white cardigan and matching skirt. Kie would have said she looked beautiful if she wasn't so focused on the look on her face, "What- No, what happened?"

"She pushed it back." Layla spoke, hurrying down the steps as she had a look of distress, "There isn't a final decision yet."

"Can they do that?" Kie asked in disbelief.

"I guess so." she said back, collapsing into Kie's arms and she wrapped her in a hug, "I hate it here."

"I know." Kie hugged her tightly, only standing two inches taller but using it to her advantage to rest her chin on her head, "Come on, let's go."

"Where?" Layla sighed, following Kie toward the car, "Henry is still-"

"Send him a text. You have a reasonable excuse to leave." Kie spoke, holding the door open for Layla to jump in before circling toward the drivers side, "Wanna play our song?"

Layla wasn't sure she could actually smile until she did, turning her head toward Kie, "I'm trying to be in a sad mood."

"Our song it is." she shook her head in return, leaning over to skip through the playlist. Layla covered her face as the beat came through the speakers, windows rolled down as Kie nodded her head, "She's a good girl, she's daddy's favorite."

"Kie-" Layla began to protest.

"He's saved for Harvard, he knows she'll make it." Kie sung over Layla protect, "Cmon, it makes me think of you."

Layla gave her a look of disbelief as Kie continued on, "She's good at school. She's never truant. She can speak french, I think she's fluent. Layla, it's your part, come on."

Layla gave a huff, "Cause every night she studies hard in her room."

"At least that's what her parents assume." Kie was close after.

"But she sneaks out the window to meet with her girlfriend." Layla smiled as she sung her side of the lyrics, looking over at Kie as she drove, "Here's what she told me the time that I caught her."

"She said to me forget what you thought! Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught! So just turn around and forget what you saw! Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught!" The pair sung at the top of their lungs down the road, just like they did so many times before. Kie had a hard core 5 Seconds Of Summer phase for a while, and when Good Girls released back in 2014, she swore they wrote it just for Layla.