9| UNOFFICAL BREAKUP

"Aren't you guys glad I made you come?" Kie spoke as she walked toward the out door theater

"Aren't you guys glad I made you come?" Kie spoke as she walked toward the out door theater. JJ, Pope, and Layla trailed close behind her. Layla was relatively upset, she had gone to Sarah's this morning once again only to find she wasn't there today either, leaving her a note on the window seal.

"Just exhilarated." Layla said sarcastically as she sighed, holding her lawn chair in her arms as she walked alongside Kie while the boys trailed behind with coolers.

"Ecstatic." Pope added in.

"My couch was pretty comfy, I got to be honest." JJ sighed, fixing his cap on his head.

"Why so gloomy? You've been like this sense yesterday." Kie commented toward Layla who hadn't stopped sighing.

Layla considered using Sarah's name for a moment, "I kissed this girl and i've been trying to talk to her som how but every time I go over, she's never home."

Kie shrugged, "Maybe she just doesn't want to talk to you."

Layla shrugged with a slight pang in her heart, "Yeah, maybe not."

"I'll get you a Pepsi and a pickle to make you feel better." Kie said, giving Layla a small pat on the hip before walking off. Layla huffed as she sat in her chair, not being able to shake her shitty feeling.

"Hey, so what that you didn't get any pussy? plenty of other girls on the island." JJ said as he smacked Laylas shoe knowingly, throwing a piece of grass at her.

"It's not that, JJ, screw off." Layla rolled her eyes as JJ put his hands up in surrender.

"Just saw Rafe." Kie said as she walked over, handing Layla her pickle and pepsi, "He said, and I quote, tell your boy we know what he did."

Layla chocked on her pickle slightly after her words. Kie looked at her oddly ad the darker girl shook her head, "Real sour."

"Uh, where is he?" JJ asked, trying to keep a straight face.

"Right there." Kie said as she nodded over her shoulder. The trio turned staring at the three of boys.

"Just the sight of them makes me want to cover my drink." Layla said with a nasty look across her face, "They all definitely say their pronouns are nor/mal, stupid whores."

"Great, the whole Death Squad." Pope said in a panic at the sight.

"Don't stare, don't stare." JJ spoke as he turned Popes head back around in the opposite direction, "If they corner me, i'm coming out swinging, okay? I'm on edge right now. If that doesn't work, i've got this right here."

JJ waved his bag in the air as Kies jaw dropped.

"We gotta stay in the group."

"Like a school of fish."

"They can't get us if we're in a school of fish."

"I'm sorry, JJ, please tell me that you did not bring a gun here." Kie said with a serious expression across her face, staring at the blonde in disbelief.