36| I WAS IN LOVE WITH YOU

"I mean, you went completely MIA

"I mean, you went completely MIA. We were worried." Kie spoke to Layla as the Winters girl was dropped off, in an expensive Range Rover at that, hurrying toward them infront of the school.

"She was too busy going golfing and eating pizza flown in from Italy." JJ hummed, fixing his bandana around his head, "Save us any?"

"I'll have you all know I was dying and then comforting my girlfriend, thank you very much." Layla said with a roll of her eyes, pulling her backpack around her shoulders better, "And if I did go to Italy, I would bring you with me, obviously."

"My lesbian." JJ high fived her.

"I'm sorry! Dying?" Pope spoke up with a crazy look, "Hello? What?"

"Someone locked me in Mels sauna room. I collapsed from dehydration. It's a thing apparently." Layla said back with a shake of her head, feeling Kie's arm link with her's, their matching bracelets colliding, "Mel's tracking down their plate numbers now."

"Jesus, are you okay?" John B gave her a worried look.

"I'm fine, it's just ironic someone tries to murder me the same time Sarah's dad kills himself." Layla pointed out, walking first into the school and smiling at the girl who held it open for her.

"Bet it was that asshole, Rafe." Kie said in disbelief with a eye roll, "I could kill him for that."

"I'm sensing the same energy when Layla ran him over with the golf cart for hurting you." JJ pointed out, rubbing his eyes from the pounding headace, "Layla, my head."

"You're complaining about your head when she is telling us she almost died?" Pope gave a look of disbelief, "I tried to tell you not to drink so much because we had a test."

"A test?" John B looked back in a panic, not bothering to pay attention to Layla giving JJ some tylenol for his head.

"I told you we had a test." Pope said back to him as they sat down.

"No, you didn't." John B argued.

"That's the first thing I said to you-" Pope tried to defend himself.

"I'm glad you and Sarah are okay." Kie looked to Layla with a nod of her head, "Sorry I wasn't there."

"You couldn't have known someone was gonna try and murder me in a sauna room." Layla pointed out with a shrug of her shoulders, "It's okay, Kie."

"Psst. John B." Florance's voice rung slightly, making Kie and Layla turn back to see the redhead girl pass him a note.

"Well, that was quick." Kie commented, "At least you aren't there to steal her from him this time. Like you did last summer."

"Well I only did that because-" Layla began, stopping herself as her and Kie shared a similar look.

"Let's just drop it." Kie suggested.