34| THE SAUNA ROOM

"I still can't believe that you're related to Denmark Tanny

"I still can't believe that you're related to Denmark Tanny." John B spoke as he walked out of the small store, throwing Layla a pack of sunflower seeds, "Are we in the presence of a royal?"

"A king?" JJ gasped, "We shall crown him. All hail the lord of Tannyhill!"

"He he, fair sir." Layla mocked, bowing alongside the others.

"Okay, okay. Everybody relax. Can we relax, please?" Pope spoke up with looks of disbelief around the group.

"Relocate to Cat's Ass, question mark?" Sarah spoke up with a raise of her eyebrows.

"Exclamation point, she means." Layla hummed in agreement.

"I'm with that." JJ nodded alongside the pairs words.

"How soon can we move in?" Kie smiled.

"Cause I don't have a place to stay." JJ added along her words.

"We could always just stay with Henry's rich asf girlfriend." Layla suggested with a shrug, "She has a literal sauna room."

"Does having rich girlfriends run in the family?" JJ looked over at Layla in questioning.

"You know, I think it does." the Winters girl hummed in agreement.

"Bunk beds?" Kie suggested.

"Bunk beds. Cheers to that." JJ announced, holding up his can.

"I just keep thinking about the letter, the one that Limbrey sent." Pope spoke up as he rubbed the side of his head, "It had the wheat symbol on it. That must mean it had something to do with the Royal Merchant."

"Yeah. Something seems fishy." JJ nodded with him.

"But if we find that cross, we can split it like we were gonna split the gold." Pope added in quickly, looking around at the group.

"Yeah, i'm with that." JJ gave a minor cheer.

"And live happily ever after?" a new voice cut in, Layla turning her head and finding Limbrey and Reinfield walking up the small deck toward them.

"You assaulted my father." Pope glared as he took a step toward her, Reinfield blocking him

"Oh, I didn't assault anybody." Limbrey shook her head, Layla reaching forward to pull Pope away from the man.

"He can identify the psycho from a mile away." Kie rose her eyebrows.

"Especially when he's got such a... distinct look." Layla eyed Reinfield with all the judgment she had inside her.

"Why would my employee a-a-assault your father?" Limbrey asked in a fake tone of shock, "That's absurd. Listen, we can keep on negotiating, but the fact is that I want the key."

Pope lunged forward as Reinfield shoved against him.

"Hey!" Kie called.

"And I won't stop until I have it. I don't have a choice, which means you don't either." Limbrey spoke with a serious look toward Pope. Layla, once again, shoved the mans hand off of Popes chest.