38| DARK HUMOR IS WHAT'S KEEPING ME FROM HAVING A BREAK DOWN

"Layla! Babe, you up here?" Sarah called after she collected the rest of the pogues at the chateau

"In here!" Layla called back from down the hall.

Kie nudged Sarah, "She's doing better today?"

"It was a rough night but she's starting to act like herself again." Sarah nodded her head as they neared the room, "I think she just needed to know we were all here for her, honestly."

"This place still freaks me out." John B spoke as they walked through the hallways of the Cameron house.

"Pope, look." Sarah spoke as they walked into the dining room, the same one Layla stood in, turning to look back at them, "It's the island room."

"Incredible." Pope gapped as he looked around at it.

"It's been here this whole time." Sarah spoke, rubbing Layla back as she passed. JJ flicked her arm, making her look back and give him a grin. Their little way of apologizing.

"Yo, this is a map of the whole island." John B looked around, his sun glasses pushed up to hold back his curls.

"Yeah, John B, I think you're right because this is Rixon's right here." JJ pointed out, getting closer to the left wall, glancing out the window, pulling Layla under his arm in the process" Then there's the lighthouse."

"I've been studying it while you guys were gone, so much is here that we didn't realize." Layla spoke up with a nod, pointing at the wall, "I mean, the Wreck was build over a old playground."

"Guys, look, parcel 9 and the well." Kie ran her hand over the painting.

"So, if that's Parcel 9, and then if that's Rixon's, then that's gotta be the surf break at Mase." John B circled the room, pointing to the back wall as JJ followed him over.

"Right. And look." JJ held up the paper from Denmark, "Pope, come here. This is Denmark's handwriting for sure."

"The drawings." Pope pointed out as he looked from the wall to the paper, "They match up."

"Let me see." Layla looked down at the drawing in Popes hand, "I have one of these."

"What?" Sarah asked her.

"These types of drawing, I have one. I use it as my bookmark." Layla looked over at her, "The book I gave you to read."

"Let me see." Sarah looked at the drawing, "Holy shit, you do have one of his drawings."

"These are all his drawings. He..he painted this entire room." Pope spoke as he looked around the island room, eyes running across each drawing.

"Yeah, question is why. What's he trying to tell us?" Kie was next to ask, running her hand across a ship painting, her silver ring on display.