29| RAINBOW SHOELACES

"I never made good grades in school

"I never made good grades in school. When I get out, I act like a fool. They say I come in the party and cause a commotion. I'm smooth, yeah, call me lotion." Popes grand idea of a freestyle being performed for them.

"Wow, record deal worthy." Layla nodded as the pogues in the hot tub laughed, "The next Nikki."

"The next Nikki?" Pope asked as he leaned back onto her.

"Would you call your fandom your bible study kids?" Layla asked, a serious expression on her face.

"Layla, what?" John B gave a laugh of disbelief, red in the face.

"Because he's The Pope." Layla spoke, her face dead serious while they all laugh, "Or not, never mind."

"Aw, I like that idea." Sarah laughed, wrapping her arm around Layla to kiss her on the side of the head.

"Did you miss this or what?" Layla asked, a arm around John B as he slummed against her. She'd always done it, especially with him and JJ with the lack of motherly figure in their life. Layla's mom was always good at this sort of thing, she'd picked up on it. John B and JJ couldn't remember a time Layla didn't step in and try and fill the void of the absent mother they both had.

"The Cats Ass or them?" John B gave a snort, looking over at JJ and Pope, shoving at each other's shoulders to try and knock the other over, "I missed them. I missed you."

Layla smiled as she rubbed his head, "Hey, JB?"

He hummed as Layla went on, "I'm really sorry for not saying anything to you about Sarah."

He knew it was coming but hoped they'd avoid it, "It's fine."

"No, it's not fine. You should have at least known right there at the end." she said back, twisting the bandana around his head, "I'm sorry that I didn't say anything."

"No amount of girls in this world will ever screw up us." John B spoke as he sat up and looked at her, "But for future reasons, just let me know if we're obsessed with the same girl so I can avoid being dumped on a really hot boat."

The pair laughed together before they heard a groan, looking over as Pope tackled JJ to the ground. Layla pulled a look of disbelief, "Yeah, Pope!"

"Oh no!" Sarah called with a loud laugh, clearly soaking up the friendships, "No!"

"When did you start wrestling?" JJ giggled as he laid on the grass.

"Dunno." Pope huffed as he stood, "I'm done. I'm out of here."

"Hey, be safe, Pope!" Layla called to him, rubbing John B on the shoulder as she stood up, "Send me a text when you get home."

"Got it." he gave a thumbs up over his shoulder.

"Hi." Sarah grinned as Layla walked to her, sitting on her lap with a grin. The blonde rested her chin on Layla's shoulder while the Winters girl leaned back against her. Kie stood up a few seconds later, walking after Pope as they looked in disbelief, "Really?"