32| MAMA GAY

"Do you guys want time alone or

"Do you guys want time alone or.." Pope trialed off as he stood in the door way.

"No, come in." Layla encouraged, moving some empty lemonade cans so they didn't seem like such slobs.

"What happened?" Pope asked Kie, looking at her bag of clothes near the couch.

"My mom snapped, and I got booted." Kie said, scooting away from Layla slightly, "It's not a big deal. I'm just gonna stay here, Layla and Henry don't mind, hang out with my friends."

"Speaking of Henry I should really go to him." Layla spoke up as she stood, Kie giving her a look, "With the case and all. I just wanna know what I need to prepare for, you know?"

"You're leaving?" Kie asked.

"How'd it go today? In court?" Pope asked suddenly, kicking himself for not being there.

"Ugh, complicated, I don't really know. I should go figure it out though, see what the hell I can do." Layla said, grabbing her cardigan and giving Kie a look, "I'll call you in a bit, okay? You can sleep in my bed, wherever."

"Yeah, call when you get there, please." Pope spoke as Layla nodded, pushing open the door and going toward her bike. Hoping on, she road to the house Henry dropped his location from.

TV doesn't lie, Lawyers make a shit ton of money. Henry's secret girlfriend, and Layla's lawyer, was loaded up in a large house on the Kook side of the island. Layla had been amazed by the exterior, glad she hadn't changed her clothes from court and still looked expensive.

Henry had opened the door for her, smiling as she walked in. Layla's eyes looked around, the shiny floors and expensive painting on the walls grabbing her eyes. Paintings, sculptures, it was like she'd walked into her dream home out of no where.

"Layla, you ran out today." Mel, the lawyers, spoke as she came down the stairs, "We got worried."

"Sorry, I just needed out of there." Layla said honestly as she gave a forced smile, "Um, what- what did they say?"

"Our next court date will be in a week and we'll know by then." Mel said as Henry put a arm around her. Mel had a motherly vibe to her, reminding her so much of her own mother, "There's something that we need to discuss though."

Her words worried Layla, looking at Henry as he gave a nod. The trio took a seat at the small dining table, the kitchen just as nice as the rest of the house. Mel sat across from Layla with a serious look, "It's about your mother."

"My mom?" Layla asked suddenly, not expect it, "What about her?"

The ring on her pinkie, her moms, suddenly felt tighter as she clinched her fist in her lap.

"I think there's more to the story." Henry cut in before Mel could, "If we could just prove it, you'll be in my custody immediately."

"More to the story?" Layla felt in the dark but at the same time almost expected it, "You don't think it was suicide?"