23| RIP HIS KOOK FACE OFF

"Why does she get to ticket?" JJ huffed as Pope passed his phone up toward Kie

"Because she's the best." Pope shrugged.

"I literally took a impressions class." Layla pointed out with a raise of her eyebrows.

"Yeah, and you laugh every single time you try to do them." Pope argued as Layla gave a giggle, "See."

"So I should do an impression? Like, an accent?" Kie spoke up, looking at Layla.

"Yeah, don't want them tracking your ass or anything." Layla shrugged back, pulling one leg up to lean on.

Kie began to mimic a english accent, "How would you like me to talk?"

"Anyone from england would be able to tell you're faking." Layla said back with a nod, "Just saying."

"Batman." Pope suggested.

"Batman." Kie said back in a deep tone.

"I dig it." Layla nodded her head, "Do it."

"Spot on." JJ agreed as Kie dialed the number.

"Hello- I can't." Kie cut herself off from using the batman voice.

"Just talk." Pope shook his head.

"Is Gavin there?" Kie questioned with a clear of her throat.

"This is Gavin. Who is this?" he came through the other line.

"I know what happened on the tarmac." Kie stated as she brought the phone closer to her mouth, "It was Rafe Cameron. But you already knew that."

"Who is this?" Gavin demanded to know.

"We're gonna prove it. You're guilty." she threatened from the other line. Layla gave her an encouraging thumbs up.

"You're gonna tell me who this is right now." Gavin was the one to threaten this time.

"You could have saved her, Gavin, and you didn't. You're not gonna get away with this." Kie spoke her final words before she hung up over his demanding to know who it was, "How was that?"

"Extremely impressive." Layla nodded.

"Yeah, I was scared. Good job." JJ agreed.

"All right. We tickled the wire. Phase two complete." Pope hummed from the back as he put the air pods into his ears, "Now we wait and listen."

"Does Henry know you're here?" Kie asked as she looked over at Layla.

"Sorta. I told him I was staying with you tonight. He met with our lawyer anyways." Layla gave a shrug, "He said my dad is acting like a little pussy."

"Your dad is a pussy." Kie rolled her eyes.

"There he is." Pope said as they saw Gavin exit his house and get into his car, "Go, go."