11| A CHANGED FRIENDSHIP

JJ elbowed Layla as the four sat in the car, she hadn't said anything the whole time John B made his speech before getting out of the car or after he left

JJ elbowed Layla as the four sat in the car, she hadn't said anything the whole time John B made his speech before getting out of the car or after he left. Kie noticed too with narrow eyes, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Nothing!" Layla snapped back at her annoyed.

"Look, I know you don't hate Sarah as much as I do, but I could have really used your hel-" Kie began before a scream echoed through the air, shouts of pain and calling for help being heard, "What the fuck?"

"Sarah!" Layla yelled as she threw herself out of the van quickly, running through the woods, "Sarah!"

"Layla! Layla, wait!" Pope yelled, clearly alarmed by Sarah already screaming. Layla ignored him, sprinting faster as she yelled for Sarah again.

"Layla, please, help!" Sarah yelled, Layla turned quickly and ran toward where she'd yelled, her friends close by her side. As Layla came to a stop her eyes widened in shock, breathing out in worry as she looked at John B's limp body on the ground while Sarah sobbed over him.

"John B." Layla said as Kie stopped by her side, looking just as in shock as she had.

"Topper shoved him." Sarah sobbed as JJ began yelling in anger, looking for Topper, "Please, please just get help. I don't care who, just someone!"

"Go! Go! Go!" JJ yelled as Pope took off. Layla fell next to John B's body, checking his pulse and elevating his head. Sarah sobbed as she fell into Layla's arms, crying into her neck while Layla held both her and John B.

Layla huffed as she started hanging some of John B's clothes up in the guest room at the Cameron's house. Ward had decided to let John B stay with them once he got out of the hospital, Layla's dad being there to pray for him when he'd said it and let Layla know.

"You don't have to do that." Sarah spoke as she leaned on the door frame of the bedroom, "I can do it."

"I've got it." Layla spoke, not bothering to turn to her as she put up one of the button up shirts, "You've done enough."

Sarah sat on the edge of the bed, watching her, "I'm really sorry for last night."

"You were scared, we all were." Layla said honestly as she eyed Sarah slightly as she turned to grab another shirt before turned from her again. Layla hated being alone with her, hated the way her mind raced of many things with Sarah being the main character in all of them, "So he's your boyfriend?"

Sarah went silent for a second, "Yeah."

Layla hummed, rolling her eyes before turning to Sarah again, "Lovely."

"Layla-" Sarah began.

"I don't care, Sarah. Truly, I don't." Layla lied, clear annoyance in her words as hurt flashed Sarah's eyes, "What happened between us didn't mean anything to either of us, I really could care less if you're macking on John B."