20| SEASON TWO TEASER CHAPTER

A large cough came from the girl laid on the shore, water flying from her mouth

A large cough came from the girl laid on the shore, water flying from her mouth. The faint feeling of hands pressing on her heart stuck even when they removed them, a horrible taste of beer pressed to her lips and blown into her mouth. Her body was soaked and she had seaweed in her hair, the feeling of hot sand pressed into her back. Layla's eyes fluttered open but shut again from the salt in her eyes and the harsh sun.

Hands were behind her back, pulling her up to a sitting position. Something soft was applied to her eyes, Layla could hear someone talking but her ears were filled with water. Her eyes cleared slightly, making the burning sensation tolerable. Layla's hand came up and tried to get the water out of her ears. She felt her skin had been wrinkled from the water, only making it worse when one of her ears was free of water.

"Can you hear me? Hello?" a man asked, he was infront of Layla and trying to look her in the eye. A few people were crowded around her, "Do you have family? What happened to you."

"Sarah." was the first thing Layla found herself to say, "Sarah Cameron."

"Is that your mom?" he asked her, getting a shake of the head, "We gotta get you to the hospital, you were out there a while until you washed up."

"The storm." Layla coughed, talking burnt her throat. Water came up when she spoke, she couldn't even imagine what all she swallowed out there.

"I've got you kid, don't worry." he reassured her while getting her toward his truck. It was beat up pretty bad but had beach stickers and a few surf boards at the top, "How'd you get out there? Surfing in that storm?"

Layla nodded when she got into the car, stopping him from shutting the door, "Where am I?"

He hadn't expected her not to know, figured she'd had been a local that got stuck out there, "We're in Portsmouth Island, kid. North Carolina."

"Forty-Eight miles." Layla said in disbelief, "I came from there."

"You're lucky, not just anyone survives something like that." he told her with a nod, shutting the door and getting into the drivers side, "You have some family we can call?"

Layla thought about her dad, how he probably thought she was dead, "Did anyone show up with me? A girl, she's blonde, about 5'6."

"Just you for now." he told her, watching the look of horror go across her face, "A friend of yours?"

"Girlfriend." Layla said, coughing suddenly, "I was looking for her."

The man gave her a towel, "Someone will find her, i'm sure she's okay."

Layla looked out the window and watched the cabins flash across her eyes. She had been to Portmouth only once as a child, her mother brought her here for a weekend and they danced on the beach and found sand dollars. Her mother, Layla missed her so much, "Who are you?"

"Henry, who are you?" he asked, turning down the road nearest the hospital.

"Layla." she said back, looking out the window again, "I can't go home."

Henry looked over at her sudden words, "Why not?"

"I can't go home." Layla repeated once again, "Not yet."

kylie speaks

just a little
something to
hold you guys over
until s2 hits. layla's
storyline this season-
mmmm i can smell how
good it's gonna be.

mama winters watching
over our girl.

mama winters watching over our girl