43| YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED

When Layla woke up, her head was pounding terribly

When Layla woke up, her head was pounding terribly. Her vision blurred in the slightest, but it was clear immediately she was on a ship. Layla always got sea-sick, always. The only time she didn't was when John B was driving, and she knew for a fact this wasn't his doing. No, Layla knew someone hung out Sarah's window, someone knew she was coming.

But who could that possibly be? Weezie was about the only member of Sarah's family that liked Layla.

"Hi, sweetheart." his voice shocked Layla more then it did scare her. Ward Cameron. Ward mother-fucking Cameron was alive. Yet again, just as he did not too long ago, he knocked her out and kidnapped her.

"Fuck you." Layla mumbled, way too dizzy to sit up. She'd lost count at how many times she'd been attacked now, "I hate you."

"I'm not too big of a fan of you either." Ward looked down at her, clearing his throat, "But I need you, you know that? You messed up the whole plan too. Non of this would have happened if you just cooperated."

Layla gave a odd look at his words, because non of it was making since.

"You should have died in that sauna room, then Sarah would have came home." his words chilled her, even from where her face was beat on, from the ground at that, "But your father messed that up."

"Guess so." Layla mumbled, slowly brining herself to sit up and touch her pained face.

"Oh, don't touch it." Ward gave her an ice pack, "Make that swelling go down."

Layla slowly took it from his hands, the cold pressing into her palms. Then she threw it at him, hard, watching it hit him square in the face, "You should have died on that boat."

"You can think what you want." Ward rose his to his feet, angered by her throwing it at him, "All that matters is you're here, and Sarah isn't gonna leave without you."

Then he left, the door latching behind him.

Layla didn't know how much time paused, not only did they take her phone, but also the digital watch John B got her a while back. There was a small tap, one she didn't notice even in the slightest. Not even when it came for the second time, and then a third, "Layla?"

The Winters girls eyes widened, looking up at the ceiling, "Jesus?"

"Layla." the whisper came again, only from the door, "It's Sarah."

Layla hurried toward the door, ignoring the amount of pain she'd been in, "Are you okay? Did they hurt you?"

"Hang on." Sarah spoke, a jangle to the door before it pulled open. Sarah didn't have time to say anything before Layla threw her arms around her, the pair stumbling slightly at the sudden force. Sarah shhed her slightly, holding her tightly, "Let me see."

Sarah cupped Laylas face, looking at her black eye and the cut across her nose. Layla forced a smile, "Doesn't even hurt."

Sarah hugged her again, "We've got to go."