2| LYING SAKE OF SHIT

"You did that without me? Stupid ass holes!" Layla yelled as she shoved JJ and slapped John B making the two let out dramatic howls

"What did you expect us to do, Layla? Wait until you come back before searching a hotel room?" John B asked her with a knowing look, only having her mock his look in return.

"Yes, I do, especially so I could, oh I don't know, knock some sense into your asses! Did you wear gloves?" Layla questioned, the two shared a look as she groaned, "Dumbasses! Now your fingertips are everywhere."

"Would you just chill, Nancy Drew? We're gonna be fine." JJ sing songed his words as he pulled her into his side making Layla roll her eyes and pinch his nipple.

"Look, it doesn't matter. I'm calling it off. Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS." John B said as he looked around at his small groups of friends all sat on the porch, the segues loud. Layla forgot about the sound while she was up in the city, usually it would annoy her but now it seemed to comfort her.

"And you believed her?" JJ asked with a look of disbelief.

"Yeah, I believe her, JJ." John B said as if he was a idiot, which was hard to argue with sometimes.

"And actual cop, John B. You believed a cop." JJ said with a small laugh, chunking the stick in his hand across the yard.

"Yeah, ACAB, motherfu-" Layla began before she was cut off quickly, having Pope look at her with disbelief in his eyes, telling her it was not the time.

"All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple day, and she'll help me out." John B argued, cutting Layla off quickly, "And it doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun."

"Or trying to force drinks onto girls." Layla added in with a annoyed expression.

"Are you defending her right now?" Kie asked in disbelief as Layla gave her a stupid look.

"No, Kie, i'm defending the whole woman community." Layla said with a cross of her arms.

"You know what I should have done? Just let Topper drown your ass." JJ spoke with a knowing look toward John B.

"Yeah, because Topper was gonna drown me?" John B asked, getting a crazy look from Layla.

"Are you high? He wasn't just playing mermaids with you." Layla spoke to him with a annoyed expression, taking a drink of the lemonade Pope threw to her.

"They always win, don't they, man?" JJ asked as he leaned on the porch to stare at John B, "Kooks versus Pogues. They always, always win."

"Not true, remember when I ran Rafe over with his golf cart?" Layla asked as Kie held back a laugh at the memory.

"And then you had to do community service for six months? I remember." JJ said with a knowing look, "They always win! Goddam!"

"It's okay!" Kie yelled, trying to calm him down.