3| SARAH CAMERON: A SEXY BITCH

"Your hired her?" Topper asked his mother in disbelief after Layla had walked into his house with a clear of her throat

"Your hired her?" Topper asked his mother in disbelief after Layla had walked into his house with a clear of her throat. The frosted tips boy took his mother to the front porch, making sure Layla couldn't hear before voicing his opinion. Layla stood awkwardly in the kitchen, afraid to touch anything, rocking on her heels.

"You look awkward." a voice spoke as Layla turned quickly and saw Sarah walking into the room, coming from the backyard where Topper was before he barged into the kitchen at the sound of Layla's voice.

"Oh, well, forgive me for being terrified my hands will be chopped off if I touch the designer, Gucci counter tops." Layla's sarcasm made Sarah laugh slightly as she crossed her eyes with a eyebrow raise, "What?"

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be borrowing scuba gear with your friend?" Sarah asked with a smirk. Layla realized she'd either figured it out or John B let it slip once he brought the empty tanks back.

"Working so I don't have to go back to a bible thumping church camp, thank you very much." Layla defended herself as she crossed her arms as well, mimicking Sarah's actions, "Shouldn't you be driving your range rover or defending your psychotic boyfriend?"

"As if your friend didn't pull a gun out." Sarah went back at her quickly, not missing a beat, bound to win the argument.

"I'm not justifying any of his actions that night, nor am I defending him unlike you who couldn't bother to do anything when he was holding my friends head under the water and mocking his dead father." Layla spoke quickly, like Sarah had, letting all her thoughts out without a care if she'd offend the blonde or not.

"What did you expect me to do? Pull him away?" Sarah shot back, uncrossing her arms not to wave them around as she spoke, getting angrier by the second.

"Why wouldn't you? Scared he'd hurt you?" Layla asked as Sarah scoffed and rolled her eyes at Layla's words, "For what it's worth, you should be glad you didn't take the drink."

"What?" Sarah questioned confused, eyeing her at the sudden change of subjects.

"The drink JJ was trying to give you, the worst hangover i've ever experienced." Layla said as Sarah attempted to hold back her smile at her dramatic hand gestures, "Probably needed one of those juice cleanses you were trying to make that day in the parking lot."

"Oh, you mean when they fell from my bag and were ran over?" Sarah asked with a snort at the memory.

"Heard we've canceled blenders." Layla nodded her head with a thinking face, "They say just smooshing them with your car is much better."

"Oh yeah? Makes sense." Sarah said as she nodded. The two nodded together before not being able to take the other series, laughing loudly as their voices bounced off the kitchen walls.

"Hey." Topper said as he walked into the kitchen, eyeing Layla slightly as his moms car started up in the garage, "Shes going to work and says you could get started upstairs, just don't touch anything."