42| KIDNAPPED BY A CAMERON PART TWO

"Oh, shit, they found the truck

"Oh, shit, they found the truck." Kie panicked as the six drove back the way they came. After heading to the church, they found the cross gone with two people in mind of who had it.

"Just relax. Relax." John B spoke quickly back at her.

"Well, lookee here." Shoupe spoke as he walked over. Layla swallowed as she looked, watching as he came to the side door.

"Good evening officer." John B commented.

"Sheriff." Shoupe corrected.

"Sheriff. That's right." John B nodded.

"I pulled the tags and I know who's truck that is." Shoupe said sternly as he looked around the van, shining his light in the back to find Kie on the floor board, "Hey! Kie, you drop your weed pen back there?"

"Found it." Kie nodded as she got up.

"Sheriff, I just wanted to say that this is all my fault." Pope spoke up, trying to take the blame, "She had nothing to do with this. I take 100% responsibility."

"Nothing to do with it?" Shoupe questioning in a tone of disbelief, "You wanna try that again? Your parents reported the truck missing four hours ago, and the keys were missing from the house. I'm taking you home."

Kie hesitated as she opened the door.

"Kie." Layla spoke up, making her eyes look back at her, "You want me to come? Because I will."

Kie shook her head sadly, "I should do this on my own."

And shut the door.

"He's got the truck." John B spoke as they looked over the wall at the Cameron house, finding the truck Rafe stole the cross with in the drive way, "Shhh, stay low, stay low, stay low."

"How much you wanna bet Rafe has the cross inside that truck right now?" Pope looked over at the four.

"Bet you the amount my dads bail is, spoiler, it's a lot." Layla hummed, feeling Popes look of disbelief in the corner of her eye, "Right, bad timing, sorry."

"There's only one way to find out." Sarah spoke up as she walked off.

"Sarah, woman, wait." Layla caught up with her, "I'll come with you."

"I've got it, swear." Sarah nodded her head.

Layla messed with their matching rainbow shoe laces, "You're not hearing me. Can I come with you?"

Sarah stared at her bashful figure with a small laugh, "Well, I don't know, Miss Winters. Seems like a pretty big task."

"Exactly, it's not a one woman job." Layla cracked a grin, lightly tapped her with her foot, "Please?"