30| I HOPE YOU FUCKING ROT

John B's arrested didn't take long

John B's arrested didn't take long. Layla wasn't a fan of police but she had to give it to them, they worked fast. They took him, beaten and bruised, his court date the next day. The pogue sat on his side of the court, Sarah taking it really hard as she cried, hand latched onto Layla's as the Winters girl bounced her leg anxiously and bit at the inside of her mouth.

"John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statue section 14, you are charged with murder in the first degree with aggravated circumstances. If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty." the judge spoke, hitting her gravel as murmurs echoed through the court.

"The death penalty?" Layla spoke out loud in disbelief, "The death penalty?"

"Layla." Henry tried to calm her down when he noticed his nieces voice rising. Raymon sat on Ward and Roses side, watching his daughter make a scene, only helping his case for when they'd have their court date in just a few hours.

"Your honor, he's seventeen!" JJ rose to his feet as well, voice rising, "John B, we're gonna figure it out."

"Just hang in there, love! I promise!" Layla called to John B, watching as he started to get drug away.

"John B! John B!" Sarah rushed forward toward him.

"You're only making this so much easier, Henry." Raymond spoke as he caught Henry's arm, "The judge will remember this. Remember how you were the one to put her in the same room with a murderer."

"Get your hands off me." Henry yanked his arm from the older mans grip, "We'll see how that plays out later today, won't we?"

"Guess we will." Raymond spoke, catching Layla's eye as she gave a hurt expression, "I'll see you soon, sweetheart."

"God, I hope you fucking rot!" the anger for the judge, everyone on Wards side, her father, herself, getting the best of her as she lunged at her father. Gasp went through the court as they saw, gapping her way.

"Hey, Layla!" Shoupe called when he saw her, "Don't do this, kid. I wanna help."

Pope latched onto Layla, holding her back while she glared at her father, finger pointed, "You will never, ever care for me again."

"We'll see about that one." Raymond nodded his head, "Some fit guardian, letting you walk around with that boy."

"Because sending her to a church camp and locking her up to change who she is is so much better." Henry spoke as Raymond walked off, "Let them figure out what really happened to Alicia and we'll see what guardian is really fit for her!"

Raymond's body went stiff at the words, pausing before he continued to walk out with Ward.

"Is this a joke? Like, are we in hell?" Kie spoke, the teens walking out of the court house together while Henry trailed back with the same lawyer that was working their case.