8| RAFE'S FREE NOSE JOB

When Sarah woke up the next morning, Layla was gone

When Sarah woke up the next morning, Layla was gone. They pair went back to her house after their kiss in the bathroom, kissed a little more, and went to sleep. She expected the girl to be there at least when she woke, feeling a bit hollow that she hadn't been. Sarah being Sarah, took it as if Layla was being horrible and used her, leaving the Cameron girl sad and annoyed.

Layla on the other hand just had to hurry home as quick as she could the next morning for Wednesday service. She was over the moon about being able to kiss Sarah Cameron, she felt safe with her of all people. Because Layla lived on the pogue side of the island, cellphone service was still not up, leaving Layla no way of contacting Sarah. She'd planned on heading over to her house tonight, to throw a few rocks at her window.

Layla's smelt of vanilla, Sarah's scent rubbing off on her after laying in her arms all night. Layla figured Sarah probably smelt like watermelon, considering all of Layla perfume, hair care, lotions, and deodorants were that scent. It was nice to have a part of the Cameron girl on her, reminding her of how her heart seemed to jump from her chest each time the blonde would move in her sleep to pull Layla closer.

"Nice of you to join us, Layla." Ramon greeted his daughter as her sundress blew in the slightest bit of wind, hurrying to join the service on the beach early that morning, "I figured you'd at least get a ride."

"I didn't want to put them out of them troubles, Sarah and I had a great sleepover." Layla said, hiding her smirk as she stood by her fathers side, sandals digging into her ankles.

"And her boyfriend, Topper, is it? Did she speak of him?" he asked, almost mocking, almost just testing her. Layla inhaled, making in seem as though she was breathing in the salty smell of the ocean, though she was stopping herself from saying something profound.

"She did, they're doing great." Layla lied to avoid a fight, flipping open her bible, "What verse?"

"Nahum 1:3." he spoke while leaving her side to stand in the middle of the circle, flipping his bible open as well, "The Lord is slow to anger and great in power, and the Lord will by no means clear the guilty. His way is in whirlwind and storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet."

Layla held the women next to hers hand, "Amen."

The darker girl inhaled, feeling trapped, smothered. She was raised christian, she believed in a god and she knew she always would. But would he hate her for being the exact way he created her? No, she didn't believe so.

"She's a good christian girl, wears a cross around her neck and reads her bible." she heard a sing song voice heard from behind her. Layla turned and saw JJ grinned her way, Layla sighed in relief at the sight of the blonde, "Need a escape plan?"

"Please before dad starts going on a anti gay rampage." she begged as he gave her a wink, throwing his arm around her and hurrying toward the taller man.