44| ANY LIFE WITH YOU

"I'll meet you in the front

"I'll meet you in the front. Go, go." John B rushed Layla away, the Winters girl sprinting across the boat. She wondered if anyone would see her, try to hurt her. She didn't care, knowing there was a big chance Sarah was in danger. Layla looked in rooms, pulling on each door and searching for the blonde. Layla ran up a flight of stairs, skipping each one as she made it to the top railing.

Ward had his hands wrapped around Sarah's neck, half her body nearly falling off the side of the boat. For just half a second, just half, Layla froze in fear and panic. Sarah, her Sarah, was right there, right infront of her. But for half a second, she just couldn't move. But half a second wasn't anything for what was to come, far from it.

"Leave her alone!" Layla yelled, tackling Ward with all her strength, which ended up being quite a lot. His body fell, Layla going with him as they hit the boat floors. Sarah coughed and gasped for air behind them. Layla pushed the back of Wards head harshly, making him face plant the floor again.

"Sarah, hey, Sarah." Layla stood up quickly, reaching for the blonde, who was already reaching out for her, "Hey, hi there. You're all right, you're okay. I got you. I promise."

Sarah held Laylas face, leaning her forehead against hers as she managed to catch her breath again. Layla gasped as she felt a tight hold around her neck this time, Wards arms around her and lifting her off the ground, yanking her back.

"No!" Sarah yelled, trying to get her dad away from Layla.

"It's your fault! It's your fault!" Ward shouted. Layla threw her hand back, her fist colliding with his nose, knocking him off for a second. Ward came back at her, much angrier as he shoved onto her head. Layla upper cut him, sending Wards head flying backwards as blood flew from his, now, missing bottom tooth. He fell backwards, head hitting the end of the boat.

Sarah checked on Layla with a hand on her arm. Layla looked down at Ward, "Is this how you killed big John? Or did you convince someone to lock him in a sauna room, like you did me? Maybe stage a suicide, sorta like my moms? John B never got to say goodbye, he never gets to see his father again because of you. You say it's my fault when you're the cause to all of this. John B, me, Big John, Sarah, Rafe, my father, all of us are on you, you did all this to us."

Layla stood up, staring down at Ward as she faced Sarah again, "We have to get out of here."

"I have the life boat." Sarah took her hand, wrapping an arm around Layla as she lead them toward the side of the boat. The life boat had floated off, "No, no, no, it unlatched."

Layla panicked, seeing how far off it was now. Her eyes danced around the boat before realization hit, grabbing Sarah's hand and yanking her off toward the opposite direction quickly. Sarah followed, not bothering to ask because she knew they'd make it. Layla stopped infront of the crowd of expensive cars, looking at Sarah as the pair shared a look.

Layla got toward the end of the line, finding a grey audi with keys still inside. The pair got inside, the Winters girl starting it up as the engine roared. Sarah looked over at Layla, "This isn't the twinkie."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐈 𝐌𝐄𝐓 𝐒𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐇 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌| Sarah Cameron 🎉