To Bear The Burden Alone

Song - F2020 by Avenue Beat

*Cat's POV*

With the way Vi was describing Billie, I thought she'd be more possessive and controlling. Seeing how careful Billie is with her, especially after she told her about what happened... it's sweet seeing them together. I can see why Vi is so drawn to her. I also see that Vi has been a little reserved with Billie, and I can see that it's frustrating for the both of them. I can't imagine having to tell my partner 'hey this traumatic thing happened and I wish I were dead'.

I take another bite of cereal, my spoon tapping against the porcelain bowl as I try to fish out the last of it.

"You can't sleep either?" Billie snaps me from my inner monologue.

"Nah, I don't sleep much without help. And lately I haven't taken anything for my insomnia." I say as I place my dirty bowl into the sink.

"Felt that. I'm like half-awake all of the time since tour started, and clearly awake at the moment. I'm so used to cuddling the shit out of Violet while we sleep, and if I'm being blatantly honest, I'm afraid to touch her. I don't know what could set her off and I don't wanna cross a boundary that she's put up." She confesses while she raids the fridge.

"I get it, she's a little distant even with me. But the best I can do is be there for her, and if that means holding her hair back because she drank too much, then so be it. I'll remind her in the morning when she has a hangover, that it was a bad idea. Will she listen? No. But she's an adult so I can't stop her from doing it again, I can only support her through it." I prop my elbows up on the counter and lean back.

"Doesn't that get old though? Supporting someone who time and time again has the same bad habit that they refuse to break? Why haven't you given up on her if you know it's not going to change?" She decides on eating a bunch of grapes and pops one into her mouth while I think.

"Would you want someone to give up on you? And if that's the case, why haven't you given up on her?" I raise my brow challenging her a bit.

"Because her habit doesn't define her, it's essentially a crutch for her. I'm hoping she just doesn't get stuck depending on it." She pops another grape into her mouth.

"See? You see Violet for who she is and who she has the potential to become. She just needs to be loved a little louder right now." I say just before a yawn comes over me.

"Tired?" Billie smirks.

"A little."

"Do you need to go to bed?" Her smirk still evident and her tone cocky as hell.

"I don't need to, I'm choosing to." I say as I walk past her towards the guest room.

Not gonna lie, staying here beats dorm life any day. No noisy neighbors, I don't run out of hot water because I didn't wake up before the morning rush, and the coffee is a million times better. I'm gonna have to buy stock in Death Wish coffee when I make my first million.

Kidding.

~~~~

*Billie's POV*

Maybe Cat's right. I just need to love Violet a little harder right now. I crawl back under the covers and pull Violet closer, she turns over and snuggles into me. She's so cute. I give her a quick kiss on her forehead before letting sleep consume me.

Hmm, that tickles a bit.

But that...

That feels good.

"Mmmm is baby in a mood?" I mutter out.

I feel her tongue lick a bold stripe up the center of my neck all the way up to my lips and then she stops. "Maybe I am." She says, straddling my waist and leaning down to kiss me.