Forgive Me For Being Honest

Song - F.M.F.B.H. by Ivan B

-_- One week before graduation. -_-

I'm currently at the airport waiting for my dad and brother to get in. My anxiety is at an all time high. Not because I'm uncomfortable, but because I'm excited. The moment I see my brother turn the corner I tackle him in a hug.

"I-... someone's excited I'm here." He says as I squeeze him in a bone crushing hug. I look behind him and see my dad and a familiar face I wasn't expecting. "Orion Duke?" I stare but it comes out more like a question.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Drew asks.

"Sorta, I got into a little trouble and she vouched for me even though I may or may not have picked on her growing up..." Ri confesses wincing at the memory.

"And you never told me? I would have beaten him up for you!" Drew groans out.

"I'm not one to ask for help, you know that."

"Yeah yeah, you've always been stubborn." My dad acknowledges as he gives me a hug. "It's good to see you kiddo."

We cram all of the luggage, people, and extra things into Billie's car... I need to get my own car. Half an hour later and we're pulling up to the house.

"Cat is gonna room with me, I have a spare room and a couple couches in the living room. You boys can fight for who sleeps where." I say as we walk inside.

"Girl, perfect timing! I just pulled the enchilada casserole out of the oven and it smells divine." Cat shouts from the kitchen. "It sucks your mom won't be here."

"Yeah well, she hasn't been very easy to deal with as of late..." my voice laced with anger and a tiny bit of sadness.

I hate disappointing people and I feel like I've let her down. I feel like I've let a lot of people down and a small part of me wishes I didn't exist so they wouldn't feel burdened anymore.

~~~~

-_- The day before graduation. -_-

"Noooo! That's not how that works!" I snatch my playing cards back from my brother.

"Well I won anyways so..." he flips me off with a smirk on his face, knowing he got away with it.

"Cheater." I say before taking another shot from the vodka bottle between Cat and I.

"Sore loser."

"I won't be the one sore tomorrow morning..." I raise my brow hoping nobody else catches on. For once my brother has no comeback. "That's what I thought." A smug grin graces my lips, knowing I've bested him.

I grab my used plate and the empty cups scattered around to the kitchen. I see my dad on the back porch, his elbows propped up on the railing. I step outside to join him.

"You ok out here?" I ask him mid drag.

"Yeah I'm ok, just happy that you're finally happy." He says blowing the smoke downwind.

"I thought you quit."

"With the way your mother was, there's no way I could have and still been sane." He chuckles.

"Fair enough. Why now? Like, if she was so hard on you, why did you stay with her?" I ask out of curiosity.

He takes another drag of his cigarette. "Well, I loved her, and for a long time I was in love with her. Until the little things started adding up and my love for her started to dwindle. She stopped being affectionate, and that's when I knew that it was over between us... we stayed together for the sake of you and your brother, but after I heard what she had to say about you and Andrew... I told her to get out of my house." He states matter-of-factly.

"Oh... what did she have to say?"

My dad just smiles at me and pulls me into a hug. His cologne mixing with the smell of smoke is mildly comforting. "Nothing worth repeating my dear... I just need you to know that I love you so much, and I'm so unbelievably proud of you."

"Thank you daddy." Hearing his words makes my heart swell. I'm used to my dad being a man of few words, only speaking when absolutely necessary. But being with him these past few days, he's different- more outspoken. Maybe my mom was hindering him.

a/n: semi-short ch buuuuuut y'all aren't ready for what's coming next. I'm not even ready 😬

I love you bubbies 💕🥰