Fake It

Song - Broken Smile (My All) by Lil Peep

*Billie's POV*

I smack the snooze button on my alarm and roll over. I don't wanna move today, but rEsPoNsiBiLiTiEs. I got so used to sleeping cuddled up with Violet that I can barely keep my eyes shut for more than a few hours at a time. I check my phone and see a notification from Violet.

Vi💕
-I'm sorry-

B
-for what? You weren't wrong... I still have feelings for Hayden, but it's not in the way that you think.-
-do I love her? Yes. am I I love with her? No.-
-I happen to be in love with this girl who's a little shy sometimes, she's stubborn, but my goodness she cares about those she loves deeply... but I have a feeling she doesn't want much to do with me after the other day.-

Vi💕
-Billie, I understand your personality far more than you think I do. I watch you very intently. I see how you interact with others and I pick up on the little details on the care you take with not hurting them.-
-the fact my feelings got hurt was my own fault, I shouldn't have assumed...-

B
-I have classes today... can I take you out for dinner?-

Vi💕
-yes-
-pick me up at the station around 7-

B
-stay the night too?-

Vi💕
-no-
-I promised Cat we'd have a shitty movie night-

B
-tomorrow night then?-

Vi💕
-maybe-

A maybe isn't a no, so there's still hope that I can salvage things between her. I manage to make myself look presentable before pouring coffee into my to-go cup. Except, the coffee pot is empty. I forgot to press the button first thing this morning. Fuck.

I check the time, I have enough time to pick up some on the way to work.

Or so I thought.

My ass is chronically late for everything lately. I just wanna quit. I thought I'd get satisfaction from teaching. Ya know, preparing the future minds of tomorrow. That kind of philosophical shit. It's not as gratifying as I had hoped.

I step foot into the classroom and see my students seem eager for today's lecture. "So what are we discussing today?" I ask as I set my things down.

"Flirting." Fucking douche bag Kyle.

"That's right, now why would we be discussing flirting in behavior modification?" I press.

"One could use it to get what they want."

I nod in agreement. "That's one perspective. It can also be used to genuinely express interest in someone. But for the sake of this class, your answer is the perfect response. Can anyone tell me what the number one key is in being really good at flirting?"

I hear a few different answers ranging from pick up lines, wearing the right thing, and not having janky breath.

I smirk. "Those are all acceptable answers, but there was one thing I was looking for specifically... One word, confidence."

Confidence being something I have most of the time, and even if I don't, I can usually fake it till I make it. Right now, I have little confidence in myself as a teacher, but not because I'm not capable or knowledgeable. It's because I don't love it. I do like having everyone's attention though, that is something I've always been comfortable with, even as a kid.

~~~~

I have some time to kill until I have to go pick Violet up for dinner, so I grab one of my old sketchbooks. Jeez this thing is dusty from not being touched in years. I open it up to a fresh page, uncap my pen, and let the ink flow. I scribble a few words here and there alongside the black inked creature I've drawn. I've missed this... being creative in my free time. I'm so used to spending it grading tests and papers that I almost forgot what it was like just to let go. Before I know it, three doodles later, it's time to get Violet.

"You look exceptionally cute today." I say with a smirk tugging at the corners of my lips.

"I'm literally wearing a hoodie..." she deadpans.

"I said what I said. Now take the compliment or get out of my car." I tease.

She lets out a frustrated huff and begrudgingly says thank you. "I'm only doing this for the food."

"Oh so that's all I'm good for now?" I question, faking offense.

"That and maybe a couple other things." She says trailing off. I can practically feel the sarcasm cutting through the air.

I pull up to the restaurant and Violet starts to unbuckle herself but I stop her. "Wait." I lean over and kiss her lips gently before resting my forehead against hers. "I'm sorry that I ever made you question where you stood with me. I love you, and I am hopelessly in love with you." I confess.

I hear her breath hitch. "I love you too."

But she's not in love with you.

Told you that you were worthless.

a/n: bit of a short ch. do we want Billie to have a career change? would vi support that? do we think people aren't watching?

What's something that you want to learn and why does it interest you?

Also the answer to last ch's question is modeling. You're welcome for the shitty joke.

I love you bubbies 🥰💕