All The Burning Questions

*Finn's POV*

I can barely focus on the presentation Hayden is giving because my sister is burning a hole through my face with her eyes. I shrug it off and turn my attention to the portfolio in front of me. One piece on particular stands out.

"This. Where did you take this photo?" I ask as I hold up the picture in question.

"Oh I took that on a dirt road outside of LA, granted I've done some color correction and editing to it." Hayden explains.

"Can we do a shoot next week at this location?" I ask her.

"Sure. I'll send you the address, you just let me know what time." She says with a smile.

"Great! I'll be in touch, I've got another meeting to go to but it was nice to meet you." I say as I extend my hand to shake hers. I turn to my sister and hug her, she reluctantly hugs me back and I whisper a sorry into her ear. I genuinely didn't know I was meeting with Hayden today, I just really liked her work and didn't take into consideration of who's work it was.

I shoot Claudia a text on my way to my next meeting with the tour team.

F
-hey I have one more meeting today and then I'll be home. Need anything on the way?-

Babe💕
-fried pickles, with southwest ranch please-
-lots of fried pickles-
-I swear if you ask for any you're only getting one single pickle, so order some for yourself too-

F
-you got it baby-

Babe💕
-and unlimited cuddles when you get home-

F
-I've got you 🖤-

Babe💕
-hey...-

F
-yes baby?-

Babe💕
-me and baby bub love you so much-
-thank you for all that you do-

Reading that puts a big smile on my face. I'd do anything for her, literally anything. I step into my next meeting unaware of how much things have blown up.

"Hey, sorry I just got out of a meeting with a local graphic designer for doing a shoot for the upcoming EP." I state and then I look up from my phone to see everyone in the room staring at me. "What? What happened?"

"You did. Honestly the charts are blowing up and we weren't expecting this kind of publicity so soon. I do have one question, who was doing backing vocals on the tracks you've sent us already?" My manager Danny asks with a raised brow.

"Oh, I did most of the harmonies, but my sister actually did some as well." I explain.

I hope he doesn't ask anything else about Billie. Not that I wouldn't share the spotlight with her, I just don't know that this is the kind of life she'd want. The unending tours, working on projects, the constant scrutiny from media and fans... she broke once before and I can't have her go through that again. Not in public. Besides, she loves her job. At least that's what she says.

Danny nods and then asks the one question I dread to hear. "Could we meet her sometime?"

~~~~

*Violet's POV*

All I wanted to do was apologize. That's all I wanted to do, but she blew me off. I've tried texting her but got no response. She did say she was going to lunch with her brother.

V
-hey, is Billie still with you?-

Finn
-she's still here at Interscope. There's actually something I wanted to talk to you about, could you be here in the next 20 minutes?-

V
-yes, see you soon-

I call up an Uber and my anxiety grips my mind in ways I never thought it would.
What does Finneas want to talk about?
Is Billie using him to break up with me for good?
Why did I have to be so mean to Billie at the store?
Why did I snap at her during class?
None of this would have happened if I had just kept my mouth shut. I should have stayed silent.

Minutes feel like seconds and before I know it I'm at the label and Finneas is waiting outside. That's not a good sign. He's smiling though, so maybe it's not all bad. He opens my door for me and I climb out of the car.

"So..." I say with a sigh as we walk towards the glass doors.

"First off, I think you're great for Billie. As stubborn and hard headed as she is, you've been good for her and I see subtle changes in her personality. It's like she's more open and bright when you're around." He states bluntly. I admire his honesty.

"Oh, thanks... I think?"

"I know you're her student." He confesses and my eyes go wide. "I'm not gonna say shit to anyone, I don't really give a shit about that. Just, be careful. Sometimes Billie tends to get a little too wrapped up in who she's dating and forgets that the rules apply to her."

I take a deep breath to try and calm my nerves. "Ok..." I sigh out. "I admit I wasn't exactly nice to her the other day and I went to go apologize to her after class today, but she said she had plans with you... which is why I texted you. I haven't been able to reach her."

"Yeah about that..."

Finn guides me to the conference room and opens the door to Billie and Hayden in a screaming match. I just stand there in awe of what's unfolding in front of me. Finneas goes to grab Billie and pull her out of the room, leaving me and an exhausted looking Hayden alone.

I watch her as she runs her hands through her hair. "Sorry you had to witness that..." she apologizes, obviously embarrassed.

"It's fine, really."

"It's not though, I thought I had gotten over our relationship and in all honesty she just makes me so-... mad, angry, furious even. It's been two years and you'd think I'd be fine seeing her again, let alone working with her brother." She confesses. "Don't get me wrong Finn is great, I just- I don't know anymore."

In hearing that, it makes me realize she doesn't know Billie and I are together. Do I tell her or do I not?

"Tell me about her."

a/n: surprise update!!! What's gonna go down???

What's something you want to do before you die? What's something you want to see? What's something you want to taste? What's something you want to feel?

I lub you bubbies 💕