TNT With The Family

*Violet's POV*

I unlock the door to my room and get bombarded by a collection of bottled hair products being thrown at me.

"Fucking hell Cat?!" I shout.

"Vi? Girl, don't scare me like that!" she says picking up a few of the bottles she threw at me. "What are you doing here, I haven't seen you in a hot minute."

I drop my duffle bag on the floor. "Just figured I'd stay here for a few nights. Maybe even do face masks and watch shitty movies?" I ask her, pulling out all of the essentials for a sleepover.

"Did you bring twizzlers?" she asks with a raised brow.

I toss her a fresh pack of her favorite fruity snack. "I'd be a shitty roommate if I forgot your favorite things."

An hour later, Cat and I are both sporting clay masks with a bowl of popcorn between us, over halfway through a movie about Ted Bundy.

"Bitch there is no way he murdered them!"

"Cat... this is a movie about Ted Bundy. He was convicted of several counts of murder!"

"But look at his smile, and listen to the words that are coming out of his mouth! I just-... no fucking way! He did it..."

"I told you." I say as I get up to go wash this face mask off.

"Vi your phone keeps going off." Cat announces.

"Yeah, can you just check it really quick?"

"Uh it's one from your brother and one from someone named Bil... who is Bil?" she says and I run into the room and snatch my phone from her.

I look and breathe a sigh of relief when I see that she didn't scroll up on my conversation with Billie. Then I see the text from my brother.

Drew
-we need to talk-

~~~~

Flashback - July

My brother and I have a tradition of spending the Fourth of July tubing on the river, splitting a six pack of hard ciders between the two of us. Today was not the day we were gonna break that.

"Drew we gotta go if we're gonna go tubing and hit up the diner later!" I shout from the driveway.

"Yeah yeah I'm coming brat." he says closing the front door behind him.

We both climb into the Jeep, the cooler packed and the tubes strapped down. It's go time. The drive is filled with singing along to everything that blasts through the speakers. The river is flowing, the temperature is just PERFECT! Cold brews with my bro is my favorite way to spend the day, ending it with a shit ton of fireworks.

Or...

At least that how it should have gone.

Midway there I fidget with my fingers, I need to tell him. I start to bite my thumbnail and that gives my brother a clue that I'm not okay. He pulls of to the side of the road.

"What's going on V?" he asks turning the Jeep off and giving me his full attention.

"I-... well... I'm-..." I stutter out not being able to collect myself.

"Just take a deep breath V, let it out slow, then start again."

I follow his advice and take a deep breath...

"Fuck... I don't know how to say this without just blurting it out. I like women!" I say, my nerves shooting through the roof from my confession.

My brothers immediate response is to burst out into a fit of laughter, but when he sees that I'm not laughing with him, things change. "Wait, you weren't joking?"

I shake my head. "No Andrew, I'm not joking."

"So you're telling me, that my little sister is a fucking slit licker?" he questions with a raised brow. I open my mouth to answer him but he cuts me off. "Get the fuck out of my car." he grits through his teeth.

When he sees that I'm not moving he reaches over, opens the door, and shoves me out. Driving away and leaving me completely and utterly alone. It's in this moment, where I realized he could very easily tell our parents. Our very conservative morally upstanding parents, and I wasn't ready to come out to them.

It took me a few hours to walk back home. I would have called my best friend to pick me up... but one, my phone was in my brothers car and two, my best friend was my brother. By the time I stepped through the front door, I was a sweaty mess and my parents were frantic. Not over my sexual preference, but over the fact I didn't answer there 5 million phone calls.

"Violet Blair Adams!"

I cringe at my mothers use of my middle name. "Yes?" I ask trying like hell not to roll my eyes.

"Where have you been, I've been worried about you?" my mother questions me.

"Just went for a walk mom, look I'm not feeling all that well, I'm just gonna go to bed." I tell her, dashing up the stairs before she can say anything else.

I sit on my bed scrolling through flight options for tomorrow, because I'm not sticking around here and feeling the burning fallout that will inevitably happen with my family once they find out. A few clicks later, it's booked.

The following morning I wake up early and take an Uber to my brothers house before heading to the airport. I knock on the door, to my surprise he answers it.

"What do you want dy-"

I shove my finger into his chest. "Don't you dare think about finishing that sentence Andrew. You... you're my big brother. You're supposed to protect me, be there for me, and support my decisions even if they're bad ones because you love me. But based on your actions yesterday, it's apparent that you don't, and that's okay. Just know, that I still choose to love you regardless of that, and I hate you at the same time. I'm leaving to go back to campus early, don't call me, don't text me, just go on with your life as though I don't exist if that's easier for you." I finish my rant and walk back to the car.

~~~~

That's the last time I saw or spoke to my brother.

V
-no we don't need to talk-

Drew
-please, you're the only person I can talk to about this-

V
-fine. what is it?-

a/n: anybody have any ideas on what he's gonna say? How do we feel knowing a little more about Violet?? Do we wanna know more?

Also I may or may not have been tipsy while writing this ch... 😬

I love you bubbies! 💕😁