Christmas

Song - Leave The City by twenty one pilots

"Billie, this is for you." Violet says handing me a small white box with a red bow.

"You didn't have to get me anything Vi, just spending time with you is enough for me." I say, stalling. She raises her brow slightly, as if she's saying 'Be grateful.' I let out a sigh and open the box, revealing a necklace that I wasn't expecting. "I-... how did you..."

"I asked your brother for a little help, he said you were working on some preliminary merch designs and you always settled on that, so I had a one of a kind made just for you." She explains, pulling her knees to her chest and just admiring me.

"That's... unbelievably sweet. I'm not sure that I can thank you enough." I tell her.

It was a sweet moment until someone had to ruin it.

"Oh what kind of merchandise are you working on dear? Seeing the way you dress, it would seem like a menswear line." Cindy scoffs interrupting the moment.

I stifle my inner rage and put a smile on my face. "No ma'am. I'm designing merch for a tour seeing as I'm an artist, ya know the kind that sings and travels the world bringing joy to people." I snap back, trying to keep my polite composure.

"Hm. So why the baggy clothes?" Cindy pries.

"I wear what I want, I'm just more comfortable in baggy clothes. I don't like being stifled and constricted. I also don't like getting cat called walking down the street when men sexualize women's bodies. Kinda kills two birds with one stone." I explain bluntly.

Cindy opens her mouth to ask another demeaning question.

"Leave the girl alone." Phil's voice cuts through the room, leaving everyone in an awkward silence.

Thankfully, my phone rings and I step into outside to answer it.

"Hey Danny, what's up?"

"So we have your finalized designs in printing as we speak, EP is set to release in a few days like we planned, tour starts next week. You should get back here to go through rehearsals with Finneas beforehand." He explains.

"Dude I'm all the way in North Carolina right now..." I say dragging out a sigh.

"You have two days before rehearsals start. You better be here Eilish. Enjoy your time off because you won't be getting any for awhile." He finishes and then hangs up without so much as a goodbye.

Fuck, this isn't what I had planned.

How am I gonna tell Violet?

I go back inside and rejoin Violet and her family. She sees right through my smile and nudges me softly. "Hey what's wrong?" She whispers.

"I'll tell you about it when we're alone." I mutter softly.

Her posture changes from being relaxed to being very uneasy. She starts to fidget and pick at her cuticles, I've never seen her so nervous.

"May I be excused?" She asks her parents politely. Without waiting for a reply she gets up and heads upstairs. The sound of her bedroom door slamming jolts everyone in the room.

"I'm gonna go check on her." I say but Drew gets up instead, giving me a glare as he walks by following in his sisters footsteps. Leaving me alone with Cindy and Phil.

Great. I've never felt more small than I do right now and I haven't done anything wrong.

"So Billie, do you have any siblings?" Phil asks curious about me.

"Uh yeah, I have a brother, Finneas. He's actually been collaborating with me on the EP which is set to release in a couple of days." I explain.

"Ahh some people would call that a blood harmony."

"A what?" I ask giving him a puzzled look.

He gives me a chuckle. "It's just a fancy way of saying that you're siblings that sing together."

"Oh yeah, speaking of, Violet is actually the one that got him noticed. He sent her a demo of a song and played it at the station she works at and it sort of took on a life of its own." I say not realizing that I'm slightly blushing thinking about how amazing she is.

I hear footsteps come down the stairs and then I see Drew's face pop around the corner. He gives me a subtle nod wanting me to go upstairs.

"Would you excuse me for just a moment." I say getting up and making my way upstairs. I lightly knock on Violet's door, waiting for any sign that I can come in. I hear a faint 'It's open.' from the other side and I turn the knob, letting myself in.

I see Violet sitting on her floor, her back against the bed, her nose red and eyes puffy from crying. "Baby what's wrong?" I ask as I sit next to her pulling her into my lap.

"You said you'd tell me what was going on when we were alone and my brain started overthinking and telling me, what if she isn't happy with you anymore, what if this is it, you aren't good enough and she's gonna break up with you... and saying that out loud sounds so stupid now." Violet explains wiping her eyes.

"Baby, I just traveled over 2,000 miles just to spend Christmas vacation with you and your family, and even though it's a little awkward at times, I'm loving every second I get to spend with you. The reason I said that is because I got a call from the label saying I have to be back home in two days to start rehearsals. I didn't wanna ruin your Christmas, but I still did and for that, I'm sorry." I apologize profusely, kissing her forehead lightly.

"You didn't ruin it Billie... my brain was just betraying me." She says rolling her eyes.

"Mmm what did I tell you about rolling your eyes babygirl?" I say in a lower tone with a raised brow.

Violet bites her lip and I swear I can hear her breath hitch. "To not to..."

I lightly wrap my hand around her throat giving it a light squeeze. "That's my good girl." I mutter against her lips.

Not being able to hold it in any longer, Violet cups my face and kisses me hard and slow, savoring it, but then pulls away. "You said we have two days until going back?"

"Yeah but you don't have to come-"

"I am  NOT staying here longer than I have to without you. I'm coming home with you."

a/n: surprise double birthday update!!! I may or may not have gotten carried away 😬

Who's your favorite character so far?

Who's your least favorite character so far?

I lub you bubbies 💕💕