Take A Stand

Song - I Can Feel Eternity by Census (fair warning it's metal)

*Drew's POV*

"Andrew, you got to spend some time with the girls, do you like Violet's friend." My mom asks the moment she hears my sisters bedroom door shut.

"She's fine ma." I say keeping my talking to a minimum. I open the fridge and rummage around settling on grapes. I pop one in my mouth and my mom opens hers again.

"You don't think she dresses a little too, I dunno-" my mom starts but I cut her off.

"Look I don't give a shit how the woman dresses, neither should you." I say with my mouth half full.

I take my grapes, grab my rifle and trudge out of the back door just to get away from my mom. I'm not sure how much longer I can deal with living feeling suffocated all the time. I text V to meet me at the tree stand by the creek. A half hour later I hear footsteps crunch in the snow.

"Get anything yet?" She asks, climbing up to join me.

"Did you hear my gun go off?" I joke back.

She sits next to me and zips up her coat. "What's going on? Mom bugging you?"

I shake my head and keep quiet for a moment. "It's not just mom getting under my skin. I had to move back home when 'he-who-must-not-be-named' trash all of my shit when we broke up. Once I got the damages to the apartment paid off, I had nothing left. I had to lie to mom and dad about who trashed my shit and I'm just- I'm tired V. I'm tired of not being able to be myself." I confess.

Don't you dare fucking cry.

It's not manly.

"I get it, coming home is always a struggle with who I am and who I want to be." She says nudging my shoulder.

"Nah... you don't get it. You can go off to school and escape from living under their roof... I guess-" I pause and take a deep breath sighing "I guess I just got dealt the short end of the stick. You've always been good at everything you do V."

My sister rests her head on my shoulder. "You've always been a good big brother Drew, I just want you to be happy. Hell, I've always told you that you can come stay with me when I get my own place."

I know she means it.

For a little while we just sit in the silence and enjoy the cool air.

Her phone vibrates and she checks it. "Billie is wondering where I am."

"Yeah, I guess we should head back."

~~~~

*Violet's POV*

I follow my brother into the back door and see Billie sitting at the kitchen table helping my mom decorate Christmas cookies. It's very obvious which ones she's done, but it's so cute that she's trying.

"Billie... what is this?" I ask holding one up.

"That's that green Christmas leaf things with those red berries." She says confidently.

"I-... it looks like a d-"

"Don't even think about finishing that thought Violet." My mom warns.

I drop the cookie and unzip my coveralls, stepping out of them leaving me in a pair of baggy shorts and a t-shirt. I put my things away and rejoin them in the kitchen. I sit next to Billie and eat one of the cookies she's decorated.

"Mmm this is a good cookie." I say slowly, deadpan staring at the side of her face, daring her to act up.

"Well, I took my time decorating it. I didn't want to miss a spot in the process, had to make sure to take it to the edges." She say, covertly cutting her eyes over to me.

The dominant look in her eyes makes me tense up. It's like she wants something she can't have and it's eating her up inside. Honestly, I'd rather have her eating me out instead. But, that will have to wait. I cross my legs and try to ignore the thoughts reeling in my head.

"Your birthday is in a few days, what did you want?" I ask her, changing the subject for both of our sakes.

"Oh, I hadn't really thought about it. Honestly, I don't really get super excited over birthdays like I used to, I'd be fine just chilling and watching a movie or something." She says trying to focus.

"Well what's something you've never done but want to?" I press again.

"I dunno... skydiving, ice skating, die from being smothered by fifty puppies." She jokes, even earning a small laugh from my mom.

That gives me the perfect idea.

a/n: short-ish ch. buuuuut do you guys want a sneak peek ch?

When is everyone's birthday, I'll try and give shout outs. 😁

I lub you bubbies 🥰💕