To the moon and back~ Bayverse Optimus x Astronaut Female reader

This was requested by one of my closest and best friends way back in September, -RK52-

I love love love you, and I hope you enjoy this little one. I thought it was going to come out longer, but I guess having a few shorter stories is good too!

(Me trying to stay positive about my lack of thoughts, lmao)

Notes:
• Takes place in the 4-5 movie era of Bayverse, somewhere after TLK since they remained both on Earth and Cybertron.
• Cute and Protective oppy ;-;
• Hubby material at best

——
To the moon and back
——

"Optimus, Please-"

"No, Y/N it is too dangerous, many things can go wrong. Different altitude pressure, false machinery mechanics, I can compose a list..."

"Optimus, sweetspark, I know the risks, and it's not like I haven't done this before. It's only a simple orbit cycle, I should be back in no time." I knew this wasn't just a orbit cycle, and I felt guilty about 'lying' to him, but I didn't want to worry him further. This was a big mission, a huge deal to Earth's society on the down-low of many knowing about it.

"And I was worried just the same last time you left me for a mission. Y/N I cannot not be worried, your human self was not made for the space vacuum. I know humans have overcome the challenges, but there is still so many risks. I do not want to lose you, for my spark cannot lose another."

I took a deep breath and rested my forehead on his large digit. I was currently sitting in the palm of his hand, or servo, as the Cybertronians call it.

"...I survived the battle of Chicago, the shanghai exploration, AND that whole shitshow in England all still by your side, and hey, look at me, I'm still in one piece. I think I can handle this little mission fine. Plus, I have a whole experienced crew waiting for me. I can't leave them..."

Optimus sighed and looked down to me, raising his servo to look me straight in the eyes.

"You are not going to budge, am I correct? This is exactly what happened last time, and last time I was up for three days time worried for you." Optimus said to me. I sighed and thought about what he was saying. I didn't want him to worry this bad, It would kill me to know he'd just stare at the sky for three days again, finding out that it'll be much longer than three days this time around.

I went to speak and possibly change my mind for him, but he shook his helm and made eye contact again as he moved to speak.

"I...I trust you, I love you, and I know you know what to do. I...I want you to go, I know how much you love the interstellar world. If anything goes wrong, anything at all, alert me immediately please."

I smiled. There's my gentle and caring prime.

"I love you too, my prime, to the moon and back. I'm sure everything will be fine, but I can't have you worried for three days because of me. I'll only go if you promise me you'll spend time with the others, and hey, maybe do something with Bee. Lately he's been very clingy, and I don't want him to worry about me either. He doesn't even know I'm going yet."

Optimus frowned at first, but stopped and re-thought the situation, also wanting to spend some more time with his Autobots. Lately it's only been the two of us, not that he minded or anything.

"Perhaps I should accompany you on your mission." Optimus thought out loud. Yes, he'd love the quality time with the other Autobots, but still, he's a worry-wart, and nothing could stop him from thinking otherwise. He cares whole-heartingly for his loved ones, a beautiful trait to hold.