Indelible scars~ Megatron x Femme reader

Requested by storyaboutHP

Guess you're all surprised I still exist? 😂 For all the newer followers you guys can't feel the pain that my whole older crowd probably does. Man, I've been gone for a while now.

I guess I decided I needed a comeback. Time to pop my knuckles and blow the dust off of my notebook and get to work. Let's see if I still got that twinkle.

Notes:
• Reader is a neutral in the war
• Reader also has a tiny sparkling, in which I named Linx for the story : D
• This story has some sad themes to it
• Megatron is kinda OOC, it's not too bad but he's a softie in this rather than a murderous, high maniac 🤠 I wanted soft Megsy okay?! Lmao

——
Indelible scars
——

I had absolute no time to think about all the dents on my metal or how the glowing substance of energon seeped out through every inch of my battered frame. Right now? Safety was the only imaginable thing left on my mind as we fell

down...

down...

Down.

I repeated the word so much and for so long that I surely knew the only silver lining in my optics would come when I heard a cry of life. The sparkling that hid behind me never muttered a sound throughout this ordeal. I feared we'd both perish in the silence, a cry would have been nice to hear for all the wrong reasons. A tear rolled down my cheek as I listened for some sort of acknowledgement from my bundle beside me, and relief finally washed over me as I heard a little mutter of a toss and a turn.

I smiled, fixing the blankets all around him as I met his innocent gaze. He has been on this planet for such a short time, and you wouldn't believe the hurt I feel when I truly realized he wouldn't live to grow old as we barreled down towards a planet unfamiliar to me. He didn't have to see this, and for him, I wrapped the blankets around him a little tighter.

There was about a 2.9999999% chance of survival with how fast we were falling and how fast we entered another planet's orbit. I could practically feel the burn of the pod's metallic exterior heat up more intensely as we got closer and closer to crashing. The glass
Started to crack now and the emergency lights started to get more annoying as they lit the pod up red. I wanted to take the few minutes I had left to cherish the little things instead of lament on what I could've done differently in the moment.

Linx stopped fussing now, and the pod lay silent. The only thing I could do was hold onto the seat besides me, making sure the seatbelt and restraint was holding tight to the basket my son was stored in, way too young to be sitting upright yet. Besides, he shouldn't be witnessing what I was seeing through the glass, not that he could retain such an image.

I too made sure my seatbelt was fastened tightly around my frame. I still ever so often muttered that same six-lettered word, but all seemed lost at that point. Even though I failed to keep my son safely alive, he'll be safe with me in the allspark, and I'll be sure we cross that bridge together.

The planet, or Earth, was getting closer and closer. I chose this planet because somewhere on that rock I knew there was cybertronian life. If I had to pick somewhere to go I'd want to be with my own kind, and even if there was a dwindling fighting chance left I still held on with just the tiniest bit of hope that we'd be okay, that someone would help us, or that I'd be well enough to help us both out. I didn't have enough to time to prepare for the bumpy arrival as I stick my servo out and just held onto the small basket to my left.