Misunderstood~ Starscream (Writing Contest Oneshot!)

-Not requested-

So, DatFandomGirl1 is hosting a writing contest for their 500th follower achievement, so here I am delivering my entry. I'm taking a risk on picking Starscream for my main focus because A.) he is either loved or B.) he is either hated. I'm a Starscream lover, and he happens to be one of my favorite characters to both write for and in general, so this should be an interesting turn into the seeker's life. One of my greatest accomplishments as a writer is having the privilege of making a hater into a lover, as I factually know through comments and discussions that I changed some fixed mindsets' views on this seeker in general, so I'm here to work my magic again. Grab your popcorn, folks!

Notes:
• Vos is a city that thrived in Cybertron, which was noted to be home of the seeker race
• Seeklet = baby seeker
• Sire/Carrier = Father/Mother

——
Misunderstood
——

The light pitter patter of small heeled pedes was the only noise echoing out through the quiet hallway, the little seeker making his way to the main living hub as he dragged his most favorite, but slightly worn out stuffed toy behind him.

He finally made it to the division of the hall, looking around for any wandering optics as he knew better to be fully recharged at this time of night.

"Shh, be quiet Heely" The gun-gray seeker said to his stuffed petro-rabbit, whom slumped on the wall he was laying on. The mech peaked his helm around the bend, startling himself as he yelped and hid behind the wall, cursing his luck. He knew his favorite caretaker seen him.

The femme who initially watched over the sparkling immediately looked for the source of the yelp, seeing the small flash of that well-known metallic paint hide and fade from view. She tucked away her dusters, and made her way to the hallway.

"Alright buster, you've been busted." The seeker's caregiver said, flipping on the light as the seeklet giggled, knowing he did a bad thing but knew he wasn't going to get in trouble this time, as it was only 30 minutes past his berthtime. Even from a young age, the seeker was very clever with the practical stuff.

"Starscream, what are you doing up so late? You're supposed to be laying down, little one. Looking for some warm energon to help recharge easier?" The femme, her designation being Aureate after her brilliant shade of golden paint, said down to the seeker before picking the slim mech up into her arms.

"Yes please, Goldie." Starscream said, calling her by her nickname he gave her. He was only about 5 or 6 in human years, so he couldn't pronounce her designation all too well yet at his age. She smiled, walking him to the energon supplement room.

"You know if your creators saw me up with you at this time they'll have my helm, right?" She joked, silently opening up the door to the room. She set the sparkling down on the table as she pitched the crystal blue energon into a small throw-away cup, putting it into the warmer for a second, zapping the liquid.

The distant yelling of two voices, one femme and a mech, could be heard in the distance, followed by the noise of shattered ceramics. Aureate frowned, picking the mechling back up into her arms as they both walked down the long corridor to his private berthroom to get him away from hearing his argumentative creators.

"Do you know what my favorite part of my job is?" Aureate asked the small mech, to which he peaked his helm up to question her.

"Is it cleaning? Cleaning isn't fun." Starscream said to the femme, before she quietly chuckled to herself.

"No" She answered back. "guess again."

"The other workers?" He questioned for a second time. Being the royal family that currently ruled the city of Vos, their hub of a mansion had many, many servants, cleaning-bots, caretakers, butlers, and attendants that worked for the mechling's creators.