Ch-76 An Undead Rose

"Soldiers! Forward!"

Claudia tensed when she heard the voice of Dean, the feeling of wanting to kill him still remained.

She sneakily cut her way through the rows of soldiers which were a lot, Hela wasn't joking when she said how big a thousand people were.

Among the many, many rows, she found a place between a man and a woman, both armed and helmed and neither spared a glance at her, not that she wanted them to.

From where she was, she was sure that neither Dean nor Hela could see where she was, and Claudia had trouble seeing them too.

Dominicia would have to fight against three thousand soldiers, she would love to see them try.

She kept her head down the entire time someone she found familiar glanced her way, she knew that almost everyone here would recognize her just by her abnormal hair colour let alone, her eyes.

"As soldiers of Ceryscathia! I will not stand for tardiness!" Dean shouted, glancing right at her way and she gulped.

Her prayers of not drawing attention had gone straight into waste now that she caught his attention.

Glancing behind, she saw that she wasn't the only one who was late and saw about five other soldiers who scurried forward to take their places, and his glare was fixated on them.

"Anyone who comes from this point forward will not come! They don't deserve to be part of this army!"

His harsh words sent chills down Claudia's spine, never had she seen this side of him, but it was necessary for times like this, everyone must stay motivated.

Claudia then saw Hela coming closer and whispering something to Dean and he went off leaving the woman to continue.

"In a week from now, we will be in a battlefield fighting against those we once called our allies! We drive to fight for peace for every kingdom! We are not saints but nor do we stand against what's right!

For our daughters and sons! For our mothers and fathers! For our brothers and sisters!"

Roars rang through out every row, Hela's words sent adrenaline and motivation through the veins of every soldier, hope to win and return to their loved ones.

"So onward! We march!"

Claudia's own heart was soaring for some reason, she felt lively, her anger to Marcus transformed to rage for Arlus and Castella.

So she followed them, her part in this as mere soldier didn't kill her spirit, her thirst to prove herself, to bring honor.

And so they went forward.

.....

On the fifth day of marching, they had resided in a camp, the barracks in which they would resume the rest of their training and planning until the seventh, where they would finally draw their steel and iron blades against Dominicia.

Claudia's shared a tent with two other women, none of whom had spoken to her nor had they, to each other. She didn't mind at all, she preferred being alone, the chances of her being discovered would be less.

She spent all her morning in the shooting range, practicing her archery skills, Claudia wasn't foolish and used a standard bow and arrows that every soldier here used and is given here, her sword was also changed.

Her bow, sword and daggers were crafted with meticulous care and love, a solid gold weapon was not something a normal soldier had ever seen let alone use, she also kept it hidden from everyone here under her sleeping bag which was offered to everyone when they arrived.