Ch-109 The Queen

Most vampires in the clearing knew that Celine Volturi's mind was impenetrable.

However, if they were able to hear her thoughts, then they could probably detect her confusion but at the same time, her cluelessness.

She didn't understand why her wings had brought her here, and how the woman in the skies knew that her mates were there in the first place.

What made the situation even more deranged was that she saw a woman, dark haired that looked so familiar, it was Esme, the caretaker she'd met with Marcus, on the other side and that was the only person she had recognized from there.

She was, other than the Romanians certainly, whatever the Volturi were here for, by the end, if needed she herself would bring those two in, for what they did is worse than a death sentence.

She didn't understand one thing either, the child on the other side, she looked to be an immortal child but her skin was too rosy and fleshy rather than the pale and marble one of a vampire.

Then were the Children of the Moon, but these creatures didn't look half as big nor as dangerous as those canid creatures. They looked protective over the little girl and she was actually mounting one as well.

At last came the side of the Volturi, her side. She found Jane and Alec, who she had met with both Caius and Aro, Demetri and Felix with Marcus and Aro.

The first were whom she considered her own, she had to admit they looked different, Alec looked miserable while he kept glancing at Korashia, while Jane was completely looking at Celine with wide eyes.

Matteo and Korashia were there too, but they had died didn't they? How were they here? Unlike all of the others, their names were the same, but they weren't alone, her mother was there with them in Obscuros, but right now she couldn't find her anywhere.

When she saw the kings, that was when her heart clenched, her lips parting in slight shock, she descended down to them, right then, she didn't pay attention to the other side nor to her own, save for the kings.

She realized her feet was bare when she touched the ground, no one could blame her though, she didn't know where she was going in the first place, but she didn't feel the chills of the mild tundra, not under her feet nor on the bare shoulders that her light pink lace gown didn't cover.

She locked eyes with each of them, and each time, she could find confusion and disbelief in them, as if they doubted that it was her, but also love and hope brimmed inside, like some part in them truly believed her.

The moment came when she was merely a few feet away from them, when she truly got a glimpse of their face, she wondered how long she had gone for, her breathe halted when she saw that all three of them were merely a shell of who they were before.

Marcus in simple words just looked depressed, he looked just like a walking corpse, save for now he had a smile seeing but that too seemed tired, Caius looked more cruel than he did, but for some reason, his hair betrayed the fierce look, his expression didn't hold the sadness that Marcus did but she knew that he was someone who hid his feelings quite well.

The true maestro when it came to facades was Aro though, for the acidic demeanour in his voice had changed along with his entire expression of manic, it just tore apart into one of that of a simple but broken man.

She was aching to touch them, and she could see that so were they, her own fingers twitched but she was frozen in place, and could only just stare at them.

Korashia nudged Matteo whispering to him. "Break Bella's shield for now, I'll conjure something for their privacy."

"I didn't know you played the role of an Italian aunty. They're very persuasive." He grinned.