Ch-48 Dance With Me One Last Time

"June, I can't breathe!" Cera squeaked as the whalebone corset was thrust tighter around her waist and she let out a gasp.

"Just suck in a bit more." June urged as she pulled the laces of the death trap, and Cera already started getting lightheaded.

"June!" She wheezed and the girl rolled her eyes and sighed before finally fastening the laces together and Cera almost cried in happiness as she let go of the corset.

"Thank you." Cera smiled breathlessly. June bit her walking closer and Cera backed away from her holding her hands up.

"No! I don't want it to be any more tighter." She warned.

"But just a little more." June pleaded and Cera shook her head. "No." She said firmly.

June huffed. "Fine, we'll put the rest of your dress on."

Cera smiled victoriusly. "Now we're getting there."

The girl shook her head, patronizing the woman who was almost a decade older."Your spending an evening with your lover, MY brother. You need to look your best. I don't wan-

"It's just a dance, June! Not my wedding." Cera groaned, reminding herself to never ask her to dress her up ever again.

"Thank the Lord it's not your wedding, Cal would take one look at you and run away." June held a hand over her heart and sighed deeply.

"Hey!" Cera looked at her mortified at the thought that Caius would leave her stranding in the aisle.

"Fine, I guess he loves you too much to do that." June said begrudgingly as she smoothed out the wrinkles from the ombre ball gown.

Cera smiled.

"But you never know." The girl added and yelped when Cera smacked her on the back of the head.

"OKAY! Okay! He loves you!" June yelled and laughed as she went off and took a delicate and beautiful gold headpiece that resembled a crown and gently placed it on Cera's head.

"A crown?"

"It was Mama's. I can't wait for the two of you two to meet!" She squealed the last part excitedly and didn't notice Cera's face fall, the girl was too innocent.

"You know, I told everything about you in the last letter, I haven't got a reply yet, but I know she's always been pestering him to fall in love and get married....I hope they can at least make it for the wedding." June gulped, blinking the tears away and put a smile on her face thinking optimistically.

Cera tried to brighten the mood. "You're already planning my wedding! Caius hasn't even proposed to me!"

June giggled. "You can never be too prepared, besides, with the way you two are going, you may even have children before you marry."

"What does that mean?"

"You do know that I know that Allan saw the two of you....in an erotic position, a week ago."

Cera's face flushed in embarrassment. "We didn't do anything, if that is what you are implying."

"Still, I want children to chase around with." June shrugged.

"You're...thinking about children." She trailed off.

June cocked an eyebrow. "Don't you want to have children of your own?"

"Of course I do! I just...I don't if Caius wants any."

June scoffed. "He will and he better, I'm not getting any younger and I need nieces and nephews to play with!"